What are you guys recommending as an FPS?

Started by undercovergeek, November 19, 2015, 07:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Father Ted

Just this second finished a half-hour session with a bunch of strangers (coop v bots) and it is good fun.  I died a lot and we bonded a bit.  Would be great on TS with like-minded souls.  Hit me up (or whatever the kidz say) on Steam if you fancy a go.  I even have a TS server available.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2015, 07:51:55 PM
Do kidz say 'fancy a go?'

Damn - busted.

Actually, as I'm English,  perhaps I should say "rumbled", or "cor blimey guv, you've got me there".

Ahem.  In the end, IMHO, it's a fun game, and, I think, worth a Groggy look.

TacticalWargames

Red Orchestra 2, ARMA 3 or Verdun if it's online realistic fps you want.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Father Ted on November 20, 2015, 07:36:42 PM
Just this second finished a half-hour session with a bunch of strangers (coop v bots) and it is good fun.  I died a lot and we bonded a bit.  Would be great on TS with like-minded souls.  Hit me up (or whatever the kidz say) on Steam if you fancy a go.  I even have a TS server available.

Co-op is where it's at in my opinion, it's what sets Insurgency apart from the rest.  The AI bots are absolutely mental and I find with groups of randoms that we lose far more often than we win.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: TacticalWargames on November 20, 2015, 10:52:24 PM
Red Orchestra 2, ARMA 3 or Verdun if it's online realistic fps you want.

It helps to actually read the OP before responding, instead of just the thread title and then going for broke. O0
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


spelk

This sort of thing gives me the horn...

It's a Mount and Blade mod called "North and South".


Trooperc7

I have put almost 3000 hours into Ro2... Still the bestww2 fps out there... lately my game of choice is BF4...... its fast paced, but it can be a lot of fun especially if you have someone to play with...
I also enjoyed Bf3.

Cyrano

FPS games and I parted ways some years ago over motion sickness.  The ridiculous gun-bob in ARMA makes it unplayable for me and that's always made me a bit sad...

That aside, the one that's managed to remain in my library is CS:GO.  It's still being regularly updated, has a hojillion unlocks, upgrades, &c., and fits nicely the bill of "run, shoot, duck, shoot, jump, shoot...DAMMIT, dead...restart".

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Jarhead0331

#39
Has anyone tried Project Reality for BF2? I went on to YouTube last night to watch Falcon BMS videos and somehow got sidetracked into watching project reality vids. Holy crap it looked awesome! It's amazing what they've managed to do with the old BF2 engine. Lots of factions with unique weapons, vehicles and gear and it's still being actively supported and developed. A whole set of Falkland war maps and factions are in development currently.

Anyway, it's obviously geared toward mp, but does have bots and most maps can be played sp. it's a 7 gig download and does not require the original bf2 to play!

Check it out.

http://www.realitymod.com

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Bardolph

I played a little back when it was still a mod for BF2. Had one or two pretty fun games but for the most part the game was full of Walter Mitty try-hards who took the "reality" part of the title too seriously and spent most of their time trying to out-"tacticool" each other and whining about who was where in the chain of command and who took who's helicopter/jeep/tank/binky. Decent enough game, annoying community.

I just ran across their page again recently, didn't know it had become a standalone. Might download it to see what's changed since I won't have to go try and find my old BF2 disc lol.

undercovergeek


Trooperc7

Project Reality is/was a wonderful realistic shooter. it really shined when you had a good squad leader and a good commander......

Jarhead0331

I played a single player round last night as the IDF against Hamas. The bots seem to just gravitate toward the center of the map and then duke it out, and they are also crack shots, but it was still a pretty intense experience.  With a bunch of serious players I see this being a very good gaming experience. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Toonces

Hey JH, I gotta thank you for pointing this mod out.  I had come across it a while back when I was looking for a Falklands mod for ARMA.  I didn't realize it was stand alone now- that changes everything.

I'm definitely going to download this and give it a try.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs