Holiday Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2015, 04:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

So far I grabbed Doorkickers and Industry Giant 2 for a grand total of $7.

Keeping my eye on things but right now between backlog and holiday shopping the mad money is a little tight right now.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 29, 2015, 09:17:13 AM
Goddamn that's a good haul Jarhead!  They'll all be installed, played and completed in time for the Christmas sale, I trust? ;)

True, but at least I'm actually not buying everything I have a remote interest in immediately at release, and am instead waiting for sales!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MetalDog

Could it be...our little Jarhead is growing up?  -sniff sniff-
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Huw the Poo

JasonPratt just forced me to buy Armello!

Toonces

Whelp, my total damage was:

Total War: Attila plus Culture Packs (but not Charlemagne it turns out)
SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition
Depths of Fear
CK2 DLCs: Charlemagne, Early Western Clothing Pack, Dynasty Shields Charlemagne
Mount and Blade: Warband Viking Conquest Reforged DLC

Overall spending was about $40 so not too bad.  I'm holding out for the Attila Charlemagne DLC until Xmas time I think.

I eyeballed a few other games, but I think I've got enough here to keep me occupied for a while....at least until the next sale kicks in.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Silent Disapproval Robot

I bought Fleets of Sol for $2.62CDN after Steam wallet deductions.  I don't get it.  It doesn't seem like you really do anything as the player other than launch and recover fighters and decide when to jump out of a system.  It's still early access so hopefully they flesh it out but it seems really passive at the moment.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 29, 2015, 07:34:35 PM
I bought Fleets of Sol for $2.62CDN after Steam wallet deductions.  I don't get it.  It doesn't seem like you really do anything as the player other than launch and recover fighters and decide when to jump out of a system.  It's still early access so hopefully they flesh it out but it seems really passive at the moment.

I've been watching this one for awhile from my wishlist and even at that price, I just didn't feel like making the commitment. I too hope it gets developed into something worthwhile, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Seems like it has been awhile since there has been any real development.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Ubercat

GG War in the East, plus both expansions, from Steam for about $55.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Tuna

Bought the two DLC's for Endless Legend. I had bought the game awhile ago and never played it. I started this weekend, and I'm really enjoying myself so far! Was eyeing Gal Civ III, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Cyrano

DC: Barbarossa (that count?  So, f-ing great...hard to oversell...)

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings (boy wanted it)

Rocket League (ditto, but this is a truly remarkable product)

Five Nights at Freddy's (also ditto)

Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star and all the DLC (finally took the plunge, but the lack of MP has me crabby)

IL-2 Sturmovik: BoS (say what you will, but it's worth the price of admission to buzz the tractor factory...seriously)

JTS Kharkov '43 (NOT on sale.  I told Doug I wanted to try the "backhand blow", he sent me a turn, I was not sober, and so the least it seemed I should do was purchase the game, download it, patch it, update the graphics, and send him a turn).

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Ubercat on November 29, 2015, 08:21:08 PM
GG War in the East, plus both expansions, from Steam for about $55.

Yeah...guilty of this one as well.

Will add the Battle Academy MegaPack to the mix by the end of this week and call it quits at that point.

Probably.

Maybe.

We'll see.

Rekim

I grabbed Arma 3 for half price.

regular price is still $60, which seems kind of high for a 2+ year old game. Must be good...

PanzersEast

Add Conquest of Elysium 4 and 80 Days....   and 80 Days is quit the experience.  O0

PE

sandman2575

Trying to gauge how much Attila differs from Rome II -- and especially, if it's better than Rome II.  Thoughts, anyone?

I like Rome II but wouldn't say I love it -- which is probably my view of most Total War games -- I think there's lots that they do that's very impressive, but for some reason, they never hold my attention for very long (probably because I find the strategic and diplomatic layers a little disappointing, and the games tend to devolve into repetitive battles that play out very similarly).

Anyway, if anyone here is of the mind that "Attila is similar to Rome II but better in some significant ways," I'd love to hear it (as I'll likely pick it up on sale if that's the case).  If the consensus is "Attila is good, but mostly more of the same re: Rome II" then I think I'll skip it....

Gusington

Attila's dynamics are very different. To simplify it, in Rome II, the player is charged with building a large empire. In Attila, the player is charged with survival. And it's damned difficult!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd