Main Menu

Shrapnel Games Sale

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 05, 2015, 10:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Yes...this deserved a thread of its own after I received an email from Shrapnel about an additional whopping 7% more savings I could get with their typical awesome sales.....would hate for anybody to miss such a great opportunity so make sure to use the code "hohoho" to get this great deal!

Now back to reality and yes I was being snarky.....some day these guys will have a real sale, but maybe I am just spoiled with what other companies offer during sales, even Matrix during the Holidays.  You can get winSPMBT or winSPWW2 for about $32 with this discount....some day I am actually going to pull the trigger on one of these:)

-budd-

wow 7% usually isn't it just 5 dollars off. I've looked at their games often they just don't hit my worth it price point for some reason.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on December 05, 2015, 12:09:21 PM
wow 7% usually isn't it just 5 dollars off. I've looked at their games often they just don't hit my worth it price point for some reason.

Kind of my problem too...besides the two games I mentioned, nothing really else comes close to sparking an interest and without any real meaningful sales, at least I won't slip:)

DennisS

Quite a few of their games are designed to be run on a Pentium II....how very 1998 of them. Seriously...shitty graphics, and average gameplay, and they want 40 dollars??? Really?

tgb

Will the code work if I pre-order 101st Airborne?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: tgb on December 05, 2015, 12:34:28 PM
Will the code work if I pre-order 101st Airborne?

Good news for you...I believe 101 is the one they actually released and the 82nd is the sequel:). So you probably could use it:)

Staggerwing

SP:WW2 and SP:MBT are worth a look if you enjoy the Steel Panthers series and want the higher rez for bigger screens (as well as a few other perks) not part of the free versions. Also, War Plan Pacific is a fun game if you want something you can play in an afternoon or two and Bronze is a pretty cool puzzle-style empire building game. AFA the cost of each- it is too bad they don't discount better but it is what it is.  :-\
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 05, 2015, 12:56:02 PM
SP:WW2 and SP:MBT are worth a look if you enjoy the Steel Panthers series and want the higher rez for bigger screens (as well as a few other perks) not part of the free versions. Also, War Plan Pacific is a fun game if you want something you can play in an afternoon or two and Bronze is a pretty cool puzzle-style empire building game. AFA the cost of each- it is too bad they don't discount better but it is what it is.  :-\

War Plan Pacific is tempting.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Quote from: bbmike on December 05, 2015, 01:02:51 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on December 05, 2015, 12:56:02 PM
SP:WW2 and SP:MBT are worth a look if you enjoy the Steel Panthers series and want the higher rez for bigger screens (as well as a few other perks) not part of the free versions. Also, War Plan Pacific is a fun game if you want something you can play in an afternoon or two and Bronze is a pretty cool puzzle-style empire building game. AFA the cost of each- it is too bad they don't discount better but it is what it is.  :-\

War Plan Pacific is tempting.

Yeah I keep thinking of getting this too....

tgb

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 05, 2015, 12:38:31 PM
Quote from: tgb on December 05, 2015, 12:34:28 PM
Will the code work if I pre-order 101st Airborne?

Good news for you...I believe 101 is the one they actually released and the 82nd is the sequel:). So you probably could use it:)

I understand 82nd has been held up while they re-jigger it to work under Vista.

DoctorQuest

#10
Quote from: tgb on December 05, 2015, 03:42:28 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 05, 2015, 12:38:31 PM
Quote from: tgb on December 05, 2015, 12:34:28 PM
Will the code work if I pre-order 101st Airborne?

Good news for you...I believe 101 is the one they actually released and the 82nd is the sequel:). So you probably could use it:)

I understand 82nd has been held up while they re-jigger it to work under Vista.

It does run great under Windows 3.1.  :2funny:

On the other hand, I really like WinSPWWII and WinSPMBT. The ehanced CDs are great and they have been supporting both games well.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.