Started by Centurion40, December 11, 2015, 12:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

Nefaro

Hrmm..

Could be good.  Could be Meh. 

Hoping for the prior.  :)

Big budget movie studios these days.. ya never know.  I'm just wondering if 20thCF can do better with this than Marvel would.

Nefaro

Also... the first few X-men movies generally seemed to revolve around mostly Wolverine.  Too much IMO.

I suppose everyone has their favorites.  Maybe this one will spread the love more?

Centurion40

Well, I mostly enjoyed the last X-Men, so I'm guardedly optimistic about this one.
Any time is a good time for pie.

MetalDog

I'm glad this will be Wolverine's last movie.  Jackman is too tall and I'm sick of seeing Wolverine.

This will also be Jennifer Lawrence's last X-Men.  Which is unfortunate.  I think she makes a good, young Mystique.  Not yet jaded and hateful.

Sophie Turner, as young Jean Grey, has a chance to be a definitive performance for the character.

The stills I saw for Apocalypse and Psylocke's costumes were TERRIBLE!  As in, immersion killers.  I truly hope that's been fixed.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Quote from: MetalDog on December 11, 2015, 07:04:45 PM
I'm glad this will be Wolverine's last movie.  Jackman is too tall and I'm sick of seeing Wolverine.

Well, this or Wolverine 3.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

PLEASE tell me there's no such thing!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Quote from: MetalDog on December 14, 2015, 06:55:39 PM
PLEASE tell me there's no such thing!!!
Sorry pal. 

Link

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

And they're planning more Wolverine movies, or at least more Wolverine in future Marvel movies. I saw a few instances of Hugh Jackman wanting to call it quits with the character so they're looking to replace him.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2015/04/08/10-actors-who-could-replace-hugh-jackman-as-wolverine/2/

I pray to any God that listens that Shia Lashiteff isn't seriously being considered for this.

Martok

^  Your post is giving me the oddest sense of déjà vu.  I think someone is supposed to follow up by saying that in fact, LaDouche is a strong candidate for the roll...  ??? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

Well, if he gets it, I know the general nerd crowd is NOT a fan of his thanks to the Transformers movies. I can't imagine this is a good move on their part.

I could take or leave Wolverine. If Shia gets the role, I'll definitely leave it.