Civilization IV Beyond the Sword mp game

Started by MetalDog, December 12, 2015, 06:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Freyland

 simultaneous turns are the default setting. We changed it to consecutive terms because none of us really knew how simultaneous would work.

Millipede

I had a great scout! All buffed up to Woodsman II and he was smoking through the woods a 2 spaces/turn when he got eaten by leopards! Not as nasty as bears but nasty enough. The upside to that was that I had several turns with no units to move so it was a lot easier to remember to hit the end turn button.  :idiot2:

MetalDog

Been a few days, but, we were finally able to get everyone in the same place for a couple of hours.  The war against Alexander and his vassal, Zara Yaqob, is at a stand still.  I've taken Mycenae and Eretria but now I am stalled.  I have numbers, but not the right troops.  Gunpowder is now all the rage and my current army is sorely lacking in them.  I have the manufacturing base, but it's taking forEVER to get numbers!  Barthheart has joined the war and took Halicarnassus on my flank.  That may be the opening I need to make headway.  We shall see in the next episode.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Quote from: MetalDog on December 29, 2015, 11:00:14 PM
..... Barthheart has joined the war and took Halicarnassus on my flank.  That may be the opening I need  ......

Hmmmmm...... just love being MD's neighbor.....  :buck2:

Tuna

Quote from: Barthheart on December 30, 2015, 08:25:14 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 29, 2015, 11:00:14 PM
..... Barthheart has joined the war and took Halicarnassus on my flank.  That may be the opening I need  ......

Hmmmmm...... just love being MD's neighbor.....  :buck2:

At least there is no volcanoes!

jamus34

I'll be back in town tomorrow so hopefully Frey, millipede and myself can continue our game and my impersonation of Poland in WWII
Insert witty comment here.

Freyland

While I would love to maintain our game due to my phenomenal starting placement and resultant success, I am offering Jamus and Millipede the option to restart if they would like; I screwed up when making the game and made it "no tech trading" instead of "no tech brokering" and we are not using simultaneous turns.  I am fine with not using simultaneous turns, but I suspect it does slow the game down, so whatever people want to do.  Grateful for the opportunity to play with these fine gents.

Millipede

Due to the "tech trading" and "simultaneous turn" issue, I'd be happy to restart. My willingness is purely altruistic and, I assure you, it has nothing to do with not having access to either copper or iron . O:-)

MetalDog

Just my two cents, simultaneous turns is a must and tech trading is to your advantage.  Doesn't seem that way in the beginning, especially since the AI seems to beat you to everything and trades it with everyone but you.  However, once you hit a Tech that noone else has, it's VERY desirable to trade it around.  You can catch up quickly in that manner.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

While I do have the glorious iron I'm all for restarting due to my position as a pincushion
Insert witty comment here.

Freyland

So.... when exactly will this be, Gentlemen?   :knuppel2:

Millipede

I'm good with anything from Saturday on...

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Millipede

Oh crap! Something completely unexpected has come up... I've got to help a family member move. Not exactly sure of the time-frame yet but both Sat. & Sun. seem likely. I'm sure we won't be working into the wee hours but since I'm on the west coast, timing could be tricky. What time were you guys thinking of?

Freyland

Whelp, its 330 AM and I sit here at the hospital waiting on a delivery.  Happy New Year to me!  :tickedoff:
I can do Saturday possibly as early as 8pm EST and then till whenever, assuming no further On Call antics.  If we have to start late, that is fine but I seem to remember Jamus being allergic to staying up too late.   :2funny: