I found some groggy Japanese games

Started by jomni, December 18, 2015, 07:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jomni

Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2015, 09:36:24 AM
I'm surprised games like that were allowed to be produced in Japan with the sensitivity to the war they have had in the past.

Yeah and the Americans can make WITP without any regret.

Jarhead0331

#16
Quote from: jomni on December 18, 2015, 05:47:53 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2015, 09:36:24 AM
I'm surprised games like that were allowed to be produced in Japan with the sensitivity to the war they have had in the past.

Yeah and the Americans can make WITP without any regret.

Why would the Americans have any regret? The Americans were attacked and then won. This is a weird thread...Its not clear to me what point, if any, people are trying to make.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Toonces

Maybe the point is that this looks like a really interesting game, with somewhat dated graphics, that while dated are probably very functional?

I wish it was in English- I'd certainly give it a try.

I'm not sure what else we're talking about here, or why we would or should.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bobarossa

I agree; it looks like the kind of game I would buy in a heartbeat if it was under $20 and had an english version.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bobarossa on December 19, 2015, 10:20:07 AM
I agree; it looks like the kind of game I would buy in a heartbeat if it was under $20 and had an english version.

I'd pay more than $20 if in English.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


panzerde

Agreed, these look pretty interesting. Cool to see examples of the non-US/Euro wargaming market. I'd be interested to learn what, if any game mechanics differences there are from what we take for granted.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 19, 2015, 09:36:10 AM
Quote from: jomni on December 18, 2015, 05:47:53 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2015, 09:36:24 AM
I'm surprised games like that were allowed to be produced in Japan with the sensitivity to the war they have had in the past.

Yeah and the Americans can make WITP without any regret.

Why would the Americans have any regret? The Americans were attacked and then won. This is a weird thread...Its not clear to me what point, if any, people are trying to make.

+1
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk