Its a good time to be a space sim junkie.

Started by Jarhead0331, January 18, 2016, 08:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grimnirsson

I am waiting for the EU release of Rebel Galaxy for the PS4...
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Jack Nastyface

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 19, 2016, 07:19:32 PM
Did you check out my gameplay video?
I did indeed.  It was part of the reason that I decided to buy the game.  My challenge really is in finding the time to play through some tutorials on movement, thrust, etc.  I'm sure it won't be overwhelming, but there are always nuances to learning a new keyboard layout, etc. 
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 20, 2016, 01:33:02 PM
imo it looks awful too.

Wuh?!  Say what you like about X:Rebirth - god knows there are plenty of arguments for and against - but...it looks awful?!  You got shit in your eyes, mate?  :uglystupid2:

JudgeDredd

QuoteSay what you like about X:Rebirth
Well, I did and was chastised for doing so.

Look, I didn't expect everyone to agree. I couldn't care less if anyone agrees. imo it's ugly
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 21, 2016, 05:36:41 PM
imo it's ugly


The Bloom is probably way overdone.  I seem to recall that being a complaint of mine, too.  Looks like someone smeared a thin layer of vaseline across the screen when devs put in far too much bloom effect.  ;D

jomni

Hour after hour.  All I get is frustration in Elite.  No jobs. Lose fuel. Being shot down.  How do I make money?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on January 21, 2016, 09:39:12 PM
Hour after hour.  All I get is frustration in Elite.  No jobs. Lose fuel. Being shot down.  How do I make money?

We do have like a 400 page thread discussing all the ins and outs of Elite. You should check it out. You remind me of a young JudgeDredd.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: jomni on January 21, 2016, 09:39:12 PM
Hour after hour.  All I get is frustration in Elite.  No jobs. Lose fuel. Being shot down.  How do I make money?
lol

Been there. Done that.

The only positive feedback I can give you is it can be done. Plenty of people managed it (including JH and UCG on these very forums) - but just not me and I haven't revisited it in a long time because of it.  :-\

I'll PM you so you know what issues I encountered - see if you are hitting the same blocks I did.

But you'd do well to PM UCG or JH and ask for tips as they made plenty of readies
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

Finally making money. I bagged three criminals.

undercovergeek

Quote from: jomni on January 21, 2016, 09:39:12 PM
Hour after hour.  All I get is frustration in Elite.  No jobs. Lose fuel. Being shot down.  How do I make money?

will ye be a fighter or a trader sir?

jomni

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 22, 2016, 05:32:50 AM
Quote from: jomni on January 21, 2016, 09:39:12 PM
Hour after hour.  All I get is frustration in Elite.  No jobs. Lose fuel. Being shot down.  How do I make money?

will ye be a fighter or a trader sir?

I'm still looking to be a trader.  But I still have a small ship which won't make a lot of money trading.
I have enough money for a hauler.  But saving a few more money.

Jarhead0331

#26
Quote from: jomni on January 22, 2016, 05:52:01 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 22, 2016, 05:32:50 AM
Quote from: jomni on January 21, 2016, 09:39:12 PM
Hour after hour.  All I get is frustration in Elite.  No jobs. Lose fuel. Being shot down.  How do I make money?

will ye be a fighter or a trader sir?

I'm still looking to be a trader.  But I still have a small ship which won't make a lot of money trading.
I have enough money for a hauler.  But saving a few more money.

If you want to earn you fortune through trade, talk to SirAndrew. He always had the scoop on the best runs to maximize profit. There is also a website that will tell you how to maximize profit by revealing which ports are selling low and buying high. You can get this information by product, location, price, etc. I don't have the web address offhand, but it is posted somewhere in our big discussion thread.

Another simple way to make a fair amount of starter money is to go on courier, or delivery missions. This is how I got my start. These are missions where you deliver products, both legal and illegal, to a specific destination. These missions are good because you do not have to locate and buy the cargo. You accept the mission, the cargo gets loaded onto your ship and all you do is deliver it. Think UPS or Fedex. These missions can get quite lucrative and you can do a whole bunch of them at the same time.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

this is what i use - put in where you are, what you can buy where you are and it will tell you where to sell it for the mostest - do this until you have a decent ship and then go all RPG - im a slave trader, lots of cash

Pete Dero


jomni

Thanks guys.  I plan to go into trading because even courier jobs can get scarce too.