"Feeling Old" 2016 Edition

Started by BanzaiCat, January 26, 2016, 02:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I can relate Steelgrave. This site reminds me a lot of hanging-out at recess at Junior High. I tell the very same jokes to the same types as back then but just clean-up my language a bit. ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

I love it when you old timers ramble on
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

^You're five years older than me Pops.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on May 04, 2016, 08:11:23 PM
^You're five years older than me Pops.

Be respectful of your elders, Frodo.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Steelgrave

And ask your mom if she remembers my Bel Air. She should.....   ^-^

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on May 04, 2016, 09:42:20 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 04, 2016, 09:32:39 PM
Mom says hello, Dad.

What about the Bel Air?

Sooooo many things I could say, but I'm going to be good just to be different. It's not like me, I know!

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on May 04, 2016, 09:47:51 PM
Mom says hello, Dad.

What about the Bel Air?

Sooooo many things I could say, but I'm going to be good just to be different. It's not like me, I know!

We know. We've seen your Urban Dictionary entries.

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on May 04, 2016, 09:51:51 PM
Quote from: Steelgrave on May 04, 2016, 09:47:51 PM
Mom says hello, Dad.

What about the Bel Air?

We know. We've seen your Urban Dictionary entries.

Ha!!!

Sir Slash

I had a 1964 Plymouth Fury-- first car in High School. We put a lot of miles on each other. Dad paid $500 for her and I put twice that much into her to keep her running. Both of us could go zero to 60 in under 20 seconds.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Mom says she hopes you cleaned up the Bel Air.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on May 05, 2016, 07:24:58 AM
Mom says she hopes you cleaned up the Bel Air.

Had to torch it. My official story was I did it for the insurance money  :coolsmiley:

mirth

JudgeDredd

I absolutely LOVED Top Gun and still stick it on from time to time. Mainly because of the Tomcat (and no - that's not a sexy name for Tom Cruise - I'm talking about the plane).

But I still enjoyed the story. Shame about the ridiculous Migs and the fact there was absolutely no panic required by the fleet as the "Migs" clearly only had A2A weapons and no A2S missile capability  :idiot2:
Alba gu' brath