Here are 2 new good looking games at gog

Started by gameleaper, January 28, 2016, 09:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gameleaper

PROJECT ZOMBOID
CURIOUS EXPEDITION

gog.com

I like them both, I like CURIOUS EXPEDITION as a roguelike too

BanzaiCat

Curious Expedition is a good game, but it has a learning curve to it.

Rayfer

LOL....I struggle with difficulty in most games so any mention of rogue or rogue-like is an instant turn off for me.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 28, 2016, 10:39:28 AM
Curious Expedition is a good game, but it has a learning curve to it.

I've enjoyed it.  Dig the exploration and variability.  Just wish there were more areas available for the mix.   Still well worth it.

The learning curve is due to the odd rock-paper-scissors attack types in the combat part IMO.  Not too difficult to figure out, but the mechanics are a bit unconventional so you gotta pay attention in the tutorial.




BanzaiCat

On my first expedition it barely lasted five minutes because I brought the wrong stuff along. My next one did a bit better, as did the one after that. I haven't had time to go back to it but I like how it ramps up and you learn through trial and error.

Nefaro

Damn.. I kinda want to start up another expedition now.  ^-^

gameleaper

Quote from: Rayfer on January 28, 2016, 12:28:33 PM
LOL....I struggle with difficulty in most games so any mention of rogue or rogue-like is an instant turn off for me.

the old rogue games were brutaly complicated with each single text or number or graphic symbol meaning something, and then ontop all the keys needed to play, but rogue has evolved as Nefaro(rogue pro) will tell you, roguelike just means random and you have an inventory like rpgs, but each roguelike can be vastly different and easy to play.

BanzaiCat

I have Project Zomboid, too. Bought it last year on super sale but never played it.

gameleaper

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 29, 2016, 07:29:37 AM
I have Project Zomboid, too. Bought it last year on super sale but never played it.

Ive not had a good look yet, but it looks like the simms with zonbies and I loved the first simms, you can build and fight in an open world, its 40% off, but its still in development, so If I was you get the latest patch.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: gameleaper on January 29, 2016, 08:27:37 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 29, 2016, 07:29:37 AM
I have Project Zomboid, too. Bought it last year on super sale but never played it.

Ive not had a good look yet, but it looks like the simms with zonbies and I loved the first simms, you can build and fight in an open world, its 40% off, but its still in development, so If I was you get the latest patch.

It's on Steam, so it'll be updated continuously. I watched a few Let's Play videos and liked the crafting mechanism in it, but after the fact I got lazy and just don't want to expend the energy to learn the combinations.

gameleaper

ah I got it on gog so I will need to check for updates, but Id rather have it on gog because I don't need an internet conection. I see its going to be complicated if it need lets play vids, I'm looking forward to watching them thx for the info

BanzaiCat

GOG has their own client called Galaxy. It's like Steam, but for GOG. :)

gameleaper

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 29, 2016, 11:12:13 AM
GOG has their own client called Galaxy. It's like Steam, but for GOG. :)

yeh I noticed the galaxy , but I want drm-free completely , not background apps. I like gog as it was I hope they don't force galaxy on us.

Nefaro

Quote from: gameleaper on January 29, 2016, 11:19:46 AM
I like gog as it was I hope they don't force galaxy on us.

They've stated it's optional.  I don't foresee them throwing away one of their best advantages as an alternative to Steam; being DRM-free.  They practically built their image on that alone.

jamus34

You have the option of downloading games directly or using Galaxy. I'm not even certain if you need to keep galaxy open to play games you DL through there. My Divine Divinity does not work through their launcher, I had to pin a direct connect to the exe in my start menu
Insert witty comment here.