The Lordz Games Studio strikes a licence deal on Check Your 6!

Started by Lord Zimoa, February 01, 2016, 06:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Crazy Girl

Quote from: mirth on April 29, 2017, 06:09:09 PM
3 more years til what?

My sugar daddy promised me, that within 3 years, grogheads will be acquired by him and given to me so I can restructure it from the ground up.
Although, I may change my mind in 3 years, so who really knows.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Crazy Girl on April 29, 2017, 06:42:11 PM
Quote from: mirth on April 29, 2017, 06:09:09 PM
3 more years til what?

My sugar daddy promised me, that within 3 years, grogheads will be acquired by him and given to me so I can restructure it from the ground up.
Although, I may change my mind in 3 years, so who really knows.

If that's the case, why wait three years? Have him make us an offer now. All reasonable offers will be considered.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

Provider One bids three hundred quatloos for Grogheads!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Richie61

And I was thinking the price was in dongles or crisp clipped counters?  :-\
Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Toonces

So I've seen a few thread derailments here on Grogheads, but this...wow.  Just wow.   #:-)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bbmike

^As mirth will tell you, this is basic level derail.  ^-^
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

It's all Texas cowchips. After all, a certain bigmouth braggart used to say he was going to buy a site many of us were on previously, but talk is cheap. Reminds me of everyone's favorite George W. Bush quotation, "all hat and no cattle".

Steelgrave

Quote from: bbmike on April 29, 2017, 08:37:11 PM

Yeah brother, we didn't even break a sweat on this one 😅

Barthheart

mirth

Quote from: Richie61 on April 29, 2017, 08:34:26 PM
And I was thinking the price was in dongles or crisp clipped counters?  :-\

Who can afford the dongles?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on April 29, 2017, 08:51:47 PM
Quote from: bbmike on April 29, 2017, 08:37:11 PM

Yeah brother, we didn't even break a sweat on this one 😅

We have made a science out of it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Cyrano

My luck they turn it into some nonsense RTS like, well, BF:G, but I digress...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

acctingman

It's turn based, at least it should be....

This is what I was told by the forum moderator on their site

You will have in single player a campaign mode and skirmish mode for the scenarios and you will have multi-player.

We will use Slitherine`s new PBEM++ v2.0.

It allows players to post challenges which are then accepted by an opponent, then play games by grabbing their turn, playing, and uploading back to the server where it goes to their opponent's game list. It will support up to 2v2 players.

Its basically an asynchronous multiplayer - this is what some other people are calling this type of system. You never have to be online at the same time as your opponent so play at your own speed in your own time. It works really well for turn based games as you don't have to wait while your opponent moves and can have up to 20 games going with various players.

The idea is to bring all existing CY6! and CY6! Jet Age rule-books and scenario-books to this engine, of course this will be done in phases, so you have to see this as the first base release in a series, adding new content over a long period of time.

Same for airplanes, over time we plan to bring all that are used in the books and probably more, that cover the whole series, this is CY6! and CY6! Jet Age.

What will be included in the first release is still TBD, but like I said, it is just a first release and new and more content (scenarios, campaigns, airplanes) will follow on a regular basis in packages, after the first release, and this for a few years to come until we have covered the whole lot.

And we plan to support active modding by providing mod friendly editors, but again, it will take some time, but yes we will support this for sure.