The Lordz Games Studio strikes a licence deal on Check Your 6!

Started by Lord Zimoa, February 01, 2016, 06:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Fix the joystick issue?  That's the sale/no sale issue for me.

acctingman

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 09, 2018, 03:19:06 PM
Fix the joystick issue?  That's the sale/no sale issue for me.

This isn't a flight sim so I don't see where the joystick would work for this type of game

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

SDR, Is it a Joystick or a Dongle problem you're having?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

Pete Dero

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

IronX

Not being familiar with CY6, I'm curious to learn whether bombers-gonna-bomb, or whether they're just flying targets.

mirth

They're mostly just targets, in the tabletop game anyway.  There are rules for bombing and such, but mostly the bombers plod along toward the target.

Bombers with a heavy defensive armament can be very dangerous to tangle with. I played a game with 109s and 190s attacking a formation of B-17s. Being in the midst of the formation with a 109 was no fun at all ;)

IronX

Gotcha - thanks!

I can imagine attacking B-17s would make for some exciting game-play.

Zulu1966

Quote from: Pete Dero on February 14, 2018, 01:08:19 PM

stream starts around minute 35

It looks great . But what's with the machine gun sounds when he fired ? Sounded like a whispered clicking noise.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Scutarii

Well, what i see yesterday was promising even when no editor and skirmish mode in release is allways a negative point.

The mechanic is more tabletop than the older OTR and AS or even flight Commander 2, this is good and bad at same time... you have less real world numbers (speed in Km/h, altitude, ammo rounds...) but is less complex positioning planes and decisions are less complex.

One thing i dont like a lot is that game not include at least France (could include Poland and Low Countries+Belgium) to have a more complete base game and sell it as "Blitzkrieg" specially when game has scens from France campaign (2nd battle cover the more than well know Albert channel attack-suicide), i know that this game is going to be all about DLCs but compared with FOG2 the base game is poor in content, is a little empty.

As suggestion they could add "for free" in future, to complete the base game some "single" planes, at same time they release skirmish and editor... i think in 2 french planes (MS406 and H75)... and in future add maybe for free a plane from a DLC to made players could "preview" DLCs using skirmish mode in a limited way.

Geezer

The game looks like fun but the maps felt too small to me with not enough room to really maneuver.  Given the speed of the aircraft they are starting literally seconds apart and I did not see any chance for surprise on either side.  I don't get the holdover from the board game that going off the map takes an aircraft out of the game.  Maybe it's to keep a player from just scattering in an unrealistic manner to avoid taking damage?.  Then again it's not meant to be a serious simulation so I guess it's OK.  Looks like a good beer and pretzels game, and that is not meant as a knock on it.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

acctingman

I thought I'd want to buy this, but I'd rather play the table top version. I've got enough PC games that I don't even have time to play. I'll be following along reviews of the game here though.

Have fun all you aces  O0