EU: Headed Toward Superstate or Breakup?

Started by Gusington, May 24, 2012, 01:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

^I thought you were here to calm the rest of us down?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

I've never understood why everyone just could not agree to hit a kind of fiscal "reboot" button.

My lack of understanding is no doubt connected to my ignorance of international economics.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

^I don't understand a lot of it either but I do understand: "GIMME BACK MY EFFING MONEY YOU CRETINS." Which is basically what Germany is saying.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Oooo.  And there really are Cretins in Greece!!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

Yes! Somebody translate that into German.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

son_of_montfort

You have to remember, the socialists in Germany are still more fiscally responsible than the Conservatives of most other nations.  :)

Maybe Greece can become a World Bank protectorate. Sort of like how the bank repossesses your assets if you can't pay your bills... only this time it repossesses the entire country.

I keed, I keed.

I'm with 40 though, if history is any judge then decline and fracture are inevitable in all superstates and empires. We do have an unprecedented level of connectivity in information and online networking, but that may not stop political fracture. If we ever achieve a "one world state" I think it will have to be virtually.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Gusington

^That would be a great thesis.

And I would pay 5.00 to watch the Germans repossess Greece.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2012, 10:40:35 AM
^That would be a great thesis.

And I would pay 5.00 to watch the Germans repossess Greece.

I've always thought a comparison work on America and the Roman Empire would be fun to write. I wouldn't write it as a "hard" academic text, however, it would be better as a sort of "pundit" opinion piece. Think of how it would SELL!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

^Thank you, I thought it went something like that.

SoM I know you have heard of Niall Ferguson. His Colossus is exactly what you describe above.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

comparing USA with Rome would not be muchly possible as the roman empire lasted for over a thousand years and well....

current trends show

** the average american citizen will weigh like 300 pounds after this next superbowl
** the level of anti-intellectualism will result in entire centers (states) of profound stupidity
** literacy levels will continue to fall but it will stop short of the populace not being able to read Pringles can opening instructions
**  the self entitlement/irresponsibility  wave will continue to grow and american debt will continue unabated - red states will continue to porkbarrel onto omnibus bills cuz that don't really count
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

^Why so down on the US, Poo? BTW if I ever weighed even close to 200 pounds I would die.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: son_of_montfort on May 25, 2012, 10:30:02 AM
You have to remember, the socialists in Germany are still more fiscally responsible than the Conservatives of most other nations.  :)

Yup. Bush II, we're looking at you.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2012, 09:55:28 AM
^I thought you were here to calm the rest of us down?

Normally, yes.

But the US won't be able to take another few years of spending without a budget. We'll become Greece, but without the feta.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

OJsDad

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on May 24, 2012, 03:06:00 PM
Greece could sell one of it's islands to Germany for all it's debt. That would keep the EU together. Otherwise it is probably going to be Greece, Spain, Ireland, maybe Portugal, maybe Italy out.

Would that be Lesbos Island  ::)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.