Huge Matrix sale on Steam

Started by Rayfer, February 23, 2016, 01:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FlickJax

grabbed Vietnam 65 as was so cheap and also Heroes of Normandie

-budd-

Quote from: Raied on February 24, 2016, 03:26:41 AM
I am torn between getting Flashpoint Campaigns and DC: Case Blue

Sir you cant go wrong with either of those, pick your period and game type[wego,turn based] and buy with confidence.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Matrix == Greek for womb == mistress who drinks our life and gives us joy.

...uh, I mean that as a compliment?  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bardolph

FWIW Heroes of Normandie is the only game I've ever used Steam's refund policy on.
For me it offered nothing that Battle Academy doesn't do far better while still being a "light" playable wargame.

Rayfer

Quote from: Toonces on February 23, 2016, 10:28:14 PM
I hate to ask this, as I know it's been asked is some capacity before, but:...

What is the major difference between Civil War 1 and 2?  I have 1, and spent some time with it and liked it, but I'm not an expert at it.  Maybe 10 hours total.

I just wonder if the upgrade to CW2 is worth it for $20.  Like, am I getting anything additional for the investment, and (if so) what?

I'm sure it's something, but just trying to justify the cost/benefit.

It was worth it for me when I got ACW2 last year on sale. The map alone is worth the cost....it's incredible to look at.  Haven't played the first in years so I can't remember exactly what 2 has that 1 didn't.  I just know I found 2 far easier to get into, learn and play than 1 ever was.

Father Ted


Con

I have really been putting in time on GG War in The East.  So I was tempted now to buy War in the West seeing that I am climbing the learning curve on this game.  A bit sad (but my wallet isn't) to see that WitW is not part of the sale

Con

IronX

Pike and Shot: Campaigns. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something comforting about playing with long pointy things and balls.

panzerde

Yep, that's going in someone's sig line.  ;D
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: IronX on February 24, 2016, 04:39:55 PM
Pike and Shot: Campaigns. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something comforting about playing with long pointy things and balls.

'Tis a fun game, in which I've spent many a happy hour.  Pike and Shot's not bad either.

OJsDad

Quote from: Father Ted on February 24, 2016, 05:33:52 PM
Quote from: IronX on February 24, 2016, 04:39:55 PM
Pike and Shot: Campaigns. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something comforting about playing with long pointy things and balls.

'Tis a fun game, in which I've spent many a happy hour.  Pike and Shot's not bad either.

Oh, you talking about pocket pool.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Toonces

Thanks Rayfer.  I think I'm going to go ahead and pick it up.   O0
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Hofstadter

Pike and shot campaigns is amazing,

But oh my friggin god its HARD. Its quite possible the most difficult game I have played. Most of the historical battles out you on the losing side, and when i mean losing side, i mean the side that historically got completely annihilated.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Bison

Quote from: IronX on February 24, 2016, 04:39:55 PM
Pike and Shot: Campaigns. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something comforting about playing with long pointy things and balls.

I'm sure that if you keep beating around the bush something will eventfully come from all the effort.