2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on September 05, 2016, 11:14:26 AM
airboy, I was convinced that Auburn was going to get smoked.  I saw what Watson did to Alabama in the Championship Game and I know Auburn doesn't have the same kind of defense as 'Bama does.  Kudos to Auburn for their great game!


@bayonetbrant: Don't you sweat the SEC, we'll be there in the end. :P

I asked a bunch of my buddies if they would take Auburn against the line (7.5 - 8 points).  I only found one person who would.  Then Auburn easily beat the line.

So your expectations were not off from the Auburn fans I know.  Auburn's defense played very well. 
Offense was weird.  They used 4 QBs and had a direct snap to a running back.  Nobody had the opportunity to get into any kind of rhythm. 

MetalDog

#106
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 05, 2016, 02:29:39 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 05, 2016, 11:14:26 AM@bayonetbrant: Don't you sweat the SEC, we'll be there in the end. :P

you act like I didn't grow up as a fan of an SEC team and graduate from another...  O0

So which is it, SEC teams, OSU, NC Sate?!?!?!??!!  Pick a lane! ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on September 05, 2016, 03:48:22 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 05, 2016, 02:29:39 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 05, 2016, 11:14:26 AM@bayonetbrant: Don't you sweat the SEC, we'll be there in the end. :P

you act like I didn't grow up as a fan of an SEC team and graduate from another...  O0

So which is it, SEC teams, OSU, NC Sate?!?!?!??!!  Pick a lane! ;)

Never, ever, ever Ohio St.

Primary is always NC State.
#2 is LSU - born and bred and have family that played there.
#3 is South Carolina, assuming they're not playing anyone that I really care about, but I don't often go out of my way to watch their games.  The point being that I'm not really anti-SEC, just anti-'Bama.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Well then, I know who to holler at for LSU-'Bama this year :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

I'm personally looking forward to Alabama losing a game or two this season.  Nothing better than the bitter tears of elephant fans except perhaps the tears of Yankee fans.  Ironically they seem to be the same fan base.

MetalDog

It's the winning that brings the tears.  We know what we are missing.  It's only the tears of Kansas and Minnesota fans that truly denote sorrow.  They never won anything.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison


bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Invisible linemen. I'm sure by next year there will be a rule against that!   :o

Steelgrave

An interesting article comparing Sam Bradford to some dude named Jim Plunkett.

http://newsok.com/article/5517293

mirth

Bills and Jets have started with losses. AFC East, the division that keeps on giving!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Heh. Miami is playing Seattle and the Pats are at the Cards tonight. That entire division could be 0-1!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

YES!!  The Bengals won!!!!  WOOT!!!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Saints rookie kicker hooked a 61-yarder about 18" left as time expired.  He was pretty damned close to the win, given the circumstances...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers