Pathfinder RPG books on Humble Bundle for $1

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, March 02, 2016, 05:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Bison on March 03, 2016, 01:34:43 PM
Enjoy!  Once I get back up on the computer front I'm going to look at fantasy grounds and the pathfinder materials.  It maybe a cheap and common system for a grog heads online campaign group.

That is a very good idea  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Double Deuce

I looked at Pathfinder a while back, several times actually, but I kept getting reminded why I eventually abandoned HarnMaster and Rolemaster. Too much detail and customization where you eventually need spreadsheets or tools like HeroLab to build a 'system legal' character.

Bison

It's a fair criticism and the reason why I've never really ventured past the core rule book, but I'll admit some of the add on stuff is very conceptually cool.  However the core rule book  is no more unmanageable than 3.5 D&D.

mirth

This is pretty much the first full set of RPG materials I've invested in since FASA's Star Trek role-playing game, so we'll see how it goes :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

It'll totally be worth it if your kids get into the game.  Better start brushing up on your game master skills!

bayonetbrant

FWIW - the beginner box can be easily had at almost any FLGS, and for the shipping cost, it's almost a wash for a lot of people.  Support your FLGS if you want a hard copy! :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

True enough Brant.  I think shipping will be around $14 for me.  I'm going to use the extra copy as a gift in the future.

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 03, 2016, 02:04:15 PM
FWIW - the beginner box can be easily had at almost any FLGS, and for the shipping cost, it's almost a wash for a lot of people.  Support your FLGS if you want a hard copy! :D

My FLGS is 35 minutes outside of town and I doubt they have it in stock. I found it for $23.24 for on the Target website. Threw in a box of the pawn bases for $8.99 and qualified for free shipping.

BanzaiCat

Wow...well this might be a moot point for the moment, anyway. I can't download any of the content; it keeps timing out. Damned RPG nerds and their overcrowding the site!  :knuppel2:

It does say they're experiencing heavy traffic, which is understandable. I'll just keep trying every so often.

Thanks for the recommend for the Beginner Box, Bison. I'll start there.

Yskonyn

Wow! That's one of the reasons I love you guys!  :smitten: :smitten: Bought! ka-chinggg!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mirth

We need to stop encouraging each other like this. We've become some sick game buying cult.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on March 03, 2016, 02:23:58 PM
Wow...well this might be a moot point for the moment, anyway. I can't download any of the content; it keeps timing out. Damned RPG nerds and their overcrowding the site!  :knuppel2:

It does say they're experiencing heavy traffic, which is understandable. I'll just keep trying every so often.

Yeah.  It took about 10 minutes for the 5 second counter to respond and start each download for me.  I stopped with the basic box and core rulebook.  I can grab the rest later once the nerd rush subsides.

Bison

Hehe.  I had similar issues downloading the inner seas campaign guide and a few modules.

mirth

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on March 03, 2016, 02:36:26 PM
We need to stop encouraging each other like this. We've become some sick game buying cult.

I've managed to resist.

Probably because I still have numerous D&D 3rd edition manuals packed away somewhere.  If I felt like playing this system, I already have a slightly earlier iteration of the same rule set plus Forgotten Realms stuff for it.

Quote from: mirth on March 03, 2016, 03:18:09 PM
NERDS!!!

I laugh at the Nerddiction!  :))