Fantasy Grounds Campaign

Started by Bison, March 14, 2016, 05:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Deuce

Quote from: Bison on March 19, 2016, 07:04:55 PM
We do voice through Steam, but I'm going to look at the FG TeamSpeak server.  MD can hook you up with any other information if I don't see it here.

I haven't used it yet but the FG TeamSpeak server should work really well. Lots of people are using it. For voice, the groups I was in, we always used Skype but you need to have a player initiate and host the call on their machine otherwise it can slow down the FG client if the GM is running both on his machine.

Bison

We are going to try the TeamSpeak server from FG.  It's actually pretty nice in that they let you create a temporary room with password.

Are you still using Skype or have you gone text based for your Wednesday group?

Double Deuce

We have gone text based only. I asked about voice for the group a while back but they all prefer text for now, even with the slower pace and only playing for 3 hours. We move along pretty good now, basically getting a bunch of intrigue done with a decent sized combat encounter thrown in.

Bison

Interesting.  I cannot help but think playing by text alone would be significantly harder to DM.

Double Deuce

It requires a lot of prep work using text boxes in story entries which is one of the reasons we only do biweekly.

Bison

Yeah that's what I mean plus I'd think it'd be harder to quickly come up with text to deal with player actions that are off the beaten ground laid out by the prepped encounters.

Bison

Even though not a single pun was made tonight, we did get teamspeak up and running, and even did a little gaming.  Still have room for an adventurous soul or two.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Double Deuce

So how goes the game? You guys still playing regularly?

Bison

Well we had some technical issues and I had some commitments that caused a late start, so other than trying to sort out some issues nothing in the first group.   The second group, which started about 30-45 minutes later, generated some characters and we ended up digging into the rulebook to sort out some class ability stuff.  No RPGing, but still fun BSing and learning some new rules.

I hope to reconcile the starting time for the two different groups and have a single group, but we'll see if that is manageable or not.

Dammit Carl!

And this is 5e D&D right and not Pathfinder?

Bison

acctingman

I'm somewhat interested, but I don't think I have the funds, currently, to join.

Bison

I'm pretty sure everyone playing either owns or rents the client right now.  So if you or anyone else wanted to check it out, you could use the demo version.

acctingman

I'll download the demo this weekend and check it out.

I don't want to commit to something if I'm not 100% into something. I hate flakes  :crazy2: