Been doing this today...

Started by JudgeDredd, April 10, 2016, 03:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

...sorting the cave out.

This was quite a task considering I was at a wedding yesterday and drinking for most of the day...a very hung over work day today and the bending up and down to build these was a real pain in my heed.

But it's looking quite nice.

I've been on at the missus about somewhere to put the models I make. So we bought these (from Ikea). I am not an Ikea fan, but they were fine for the task, reasonably priced and, in their defence, went up pretty easily.

So I now have some shelving for my models to stand  ;D

I also found some superb board games that I had forgotten I had. They were under the stairs in a cupboard. They are now on the bottom shelf (behind the sofa) and easily within reach  ;)



An He-111, a Me262 and a Mosquito


A Challenger II, Curtiss P-40 Warhawk and my Sea Harrier
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bob48

Very smart - and the bottles of single malt are well hidden behind the sofa?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

they wouldnt be 'Billy' bookcases would they?

Gusington

Very nice display even if the shelves are from Ikea. Is that couch made of rich Corinthian leather?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on April 10, 2016, 04:09:08 PM
Very nice display even if the shelves are from Ikea. Is that couch made of rich Corinthian leather?

we havent reached that grand old age yet, but i hear as you approach the golden years your ball bag gets really saggy and heavy - some have taken to having excess scrotum removed and artisans in the UK are making sofas out of ball bags - see here the Bawb Couch

no sir, not Corinthian leather, Ellisian Scrotum leather - luxurious and and soft, but youll slide off in the heat as it still emits sweat

Bison

I have some similar Ikea shelves.  They are actually quite nice and sturdy.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Arctic Blast

Very nice, man. It needs something on wall, though. Doesn't matter what, just something awesome.

MetalDog

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 10, 2016, 04:45:07 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 10, 2016, 04:09:08 PM
Very nice display even if the shelves are from Ikea. Is that couch made of rich Corinthian leather?

we havent reached that grand old age yet, but i hear as you approach the golden years your ball bag gets really saggy and heavy - some have taken to having excess scrotum removed and artisans in the UK are making sofas out of ball bags - see here the Bawb Couch

no sir, not Corinthian leather, Ellisian Scrotum leather - luxurious and and soft, but youll slide off in the heat as it still emits sweat

That's the funniest thing I've read in DAYS!!!  And...ewww.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I'm liking the Dredd-Quarters. Stylish but modest in a non wealth-flauting way. I think very Grog worthy without trying to be obvious about it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 10, 2016, 04:45:07 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 10, 2016, 04:09:08 PM
Very nice display even if the shelves are from Ikea. Is that couch made of rich Corinthian leather?

we havent reached that grand old age yet, but i hear as you approach the golden years your ball bag gets really saggy and heavy - some have taken to having excess scrotum removed and artisans in the UK are making sofas out of ball bags - see here the Bawb Couch

no sir, not Corinthian leather, Ellisian Scrotum leather - luxurious and and soft, but youll slide off in the heat as it still emits sweat
I was a tad sick - especially thinking of it emitting sweat!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 10, 2016, 04:04:52 PM
they wouldnt be 'Billy' bookcases would they?
You know, they are. And I knew NOTHING about them or Ikea really. So when they came and the instructions had BILLY on them, my wife said "It was really nice of Ikea to personalise the instructions". I was like "I never even noticed that - how cool".......then I said, "Wait a minute, I never ordered them - how did they know my name?" which made my wife and daughter burst out laughing.

Gits.  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bob48 on April 10, 2016, 04:00:14 PM
Very smart - and the bottles of single malt are well hidden behind the sofa?
In the garage - which I have easy access to as there's a door to it  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 10, 2016, 04:56:10 PM
Very nice, man. It needs something on wall, though. Doesn't matter what, just something awesome.
I have a picture in mind...photo to follow. Out of curiosity, which wall?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

So this is "the entrance" from the living room



This is where the "TV monitoring", "model making" and "board gaming" (and occasional snoozing) takes place. The little unit on the left will be meeting it's demise  (or finding another home) soon...


And of course - the ranting  :2funny: ...

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people