Dawn of War 3 confirmed....YES!

Started by Jarhead0331, May 03, 2016, 09:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


MikeGER


bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Rayfer

I'm assuming that's a cinematic trailer, not gameplay?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on May 03, 2016, 12:45:43 PM
I'm assuming that's a cinematic trailer, not gameplay?

Correct assumption.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JasonPratt

Dawn of War: Soulstorm has been my go-to game, and DoW1's prior iterations before SS, for more years than I can easily reckon. Not so much DoW2 even at its most developed -- just not as much gameplay (though I appreciate the sp campaigns for what they are).

Whether this will finally surpass Soulstorm, especially with the Ultimate Apocalypse mod approaching something like completion, who knows? But I'm glad it's on the way.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

^What's your take on Ultimate Apocalypse? Is it worth the DL and install? I'm pretty faithful to the Fire over Kronos mod which has an amazing army database.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JasonPratt

I've been waiting for them to announce something like completion, which eludes them, so I haven't installed it yet.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

I am with Jason.
Totally loved DoW 1 with its base building and more traditional RTS elements.
Have played DoW 2, but didn't like it as much.

Curious about DoW 3.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Marines, Orks, and Eldar clearly; other starting factions to be announced later I suppose (and missing ones slowly ported in over time. ;) Minus 1 or 2 so that past and future editions will still have some selling power.  :buck2: ::) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Got an email from SEGA earlier today with this and immediately thought of JH :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Cyrano

I just do not understand why these people don't turn to 40k movie making.

Devil take the game, I want to watch the movie.

Still, the notion that I get to muck about in a Warhound?  Yes, please.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Cyrano on May 03, 2016, 08:02:31 PM
I just do not understand why these people don't turn to 40k movie making.

Devil take the game, I want to watch the movie.

Still, the notion that I get to muck about in a Warhound?  Yes, please.

Not a Warhound. I think it will feature Imperial Knights, which are a smaller class of "mech" than Titans.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Cyrano

I saw that nomenclature and was puzzled.  I will confess to have been out of TT40K since third edition.

So this is some intermediate step between, say, Dreadnought and Titan, huh?

Wait...this just in (looked it up on a whim), the Wiki classes them as Titans.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Titan

Who's in charge of this storyline anyway?

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd