Main Menu

Overwatch

Started by W8taminute, May 24, 2016, 05:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CptHowdy

bought this today. downloading now. hope to get in some major gametime on sunday.

CptHowdy

playing against AI with other players. using lucio. he is a healer. if you are near teammates you heal em automatically. leaves me free to do some shooting!!! in game id is redsman3333

Dammit Carl!

Game report from the boy:

He likes it; the additional characters & their abilities vs. the ones found in TF2 require an interesting re-pathing/relearning of skills and whatnot but there is a familiar enough gameplay so that he's not totally out of his depth.  He isn't sure that its a "TF2 killer," per se, but he says that it could be a contender IF it manages to have the staying power and popularity that TF2 has had for damn near a decade now.


jamus34

So it needs to go FTP and have hats?

;D
Insert witty comment here.

joram

#19
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on May 27, 2016, 06:23:59 AM
Game report from the boy:

He likes it; the additional characters & their abilities vs. the ones found in TF2 require an interesting re-pathing/relearning of skills and whatnot but there is a familiar enough gameplay so that he's not totally out of his depth.  He isn't sure that its a "TF2 killer," per se, but he says that it could be a contender IF it manages to have the staying power and popularity that TF2 has had for damn near a decade now.

I was going to say longer but after researching it, technically you are right.  Ive been playing it since near the beginning in one iteration or another for near 20 years. Back in the day I used to do a lot of league play and we were quite competitive in our table.    Will be interested in how Overwatch evolves.  Please God no hats.

jamus34

Quote from: joram on May 27, 2016, 07:11:46 AM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on May 27, 2016, 06:23:59 AM
Game report from the boy:

He likes it; the additional characters & their abilities vs. the ones found in TF2 require an interesting re-pathing/relearning of skills and whatnot but there is a familiar enough gameplay so that he's not totally out of his depth.  He isn't sure that its a "TF2 killer," per se, but he says that it could be a contender IF it manages to have the staying power and popularity that TF2 has had for damn near a decade now.

I was going to say longer but after researching it, technically you are right.  Ive been playing it since near the beginning in one iteration or another for near 20 years. Back in the day I used to do a lot of league play and we were quite competitive in our table.    Will be interested in how Overwatch evolves.  Please God no hats.

How about shoes?

You can get licensing deals with all the big shoe makers to support it being FTP.
Insert witty comment here.

Arctic Blast

Turns out a buddy has it, so I just picked it up. Downloading as I speak. I've wanted a fun shooter for awhile now, and this should fit the bill.


jamus34

I don't know why, but Blizzard games are huge in Asia in general and Korea in particular.

Nothing wrong with that, I'm actually more curious on the why.

My will power is weakening on this however. I'll probably grab it once I have $40 burning a hole in my pocket.
Insert witty comment here.

jomni

#24
I love the art style of this game which is sort of Japanese Anime-like.  It does appeal to Asians.  I'm also slowly getting interested in this game.

Yskonyn

Played the last beta before launch.
I think its polished (like all Bliz games are), but it is definately not for me.

I don't like the frantic short matches and I find the gunplay to lack feel or feedback. Tried most classes, but my feeling is the same with all characters I tried.
What I do like very much is that this game is not about kill / death ratio but the progress and glory as a team.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Looks like they're trying to attract some new blood.  Play for free 18-21 November.
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20372506

Rekim

I play a lot of Overwatch these days. Surprised it doesn't have a bigger following here as it is an excellent game imho - team based or solo.

Hofstadter

#28
Careful, a new offensive hero released, and every...single...dps player, has entered a state of full blown retardation.

Its real bad.

I mean DPS players are normally dumb but its a new level.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Rekim