FRIDAY before Memorial Day

Started by MetalDog, May 27, 2016, 06:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Completed a couple of higher level quests last night and havd about 10k in gold, so I invested in an arquebus for my hunter. The nextfight we got into was against similarly armed enemies - it was like the OK Corral!

A fee days ago I also sold the crapload of mushrooms and herbs and stones we found so I cannot really enchant anything at this point.  Have to load up my stash with items again.

Also got word that my keep is going to be invaded.

I find it hard not to love a game that allows me to feel I have made great progress in only 90 minutes!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I'll tell you what's helped me a lot in the game Gus. The Skills: Field Triage and Wound Binding. Because other than Resting/Camping it's the only thing I've been able to find in the game that heals your characters. You know if your Health hits 0, your character is dead and there's no resurrection in this game. But you don't want to waste those precious Camping Supply units when you don't have to so. What do you do?

Both Skills will recover a moderate amount of Health on whoever they're used on. Wound Binding can only be used on the character that has it, Field Triage can be used on any character in the party. Any character can have them, at least any I've seen so far-- they're not Class restricted. And any character can have both Skills. They can be used once each before needing to be re-charged by Resting. They heal your characters some and thus save Camping Supplies. They're under the 'Utility" tab when you Level-up and get a new Skill.

Maybe someone who's played longer than me knows something better but I haven't found anything else that will recover Health on your Party Members. Get them and thank me later.  ;)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

i own this game, but never really played it...do I need to take a second look?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

I think so...probably my favorite new rpg in a crowded field.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

It's held my interest since purchase-- at Level 11 now and hopefully approaching the end game. Lots to do, but only if you really want to. Lots of loot and cool stuff to find and quite a lot of hidden objects/ containers around some of the dungeons. You need a character with high perception to find some of it too. Pacing seems about right, combat's not too tough but you still can lose easily if you're careless. They could've done this one a lot worse in my opinion.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

How many hours to get where you're at now Slash?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

joram

I completed this game early this year.  I played a "godlike" monk.  It's long but not too long.  While well written, it occasionally felt a little grindy but you can in fact skip quite a bit of the side missions if you want to just race through the plot.  While only completed one playthrough, it did feel like there were some meaningful choices to make which would impact the end game. 
There are plenty of companions out there but youcan create custom companions (though without the interesting story the main companions have).  Theoretically you could even solo the game but I think that would be pretty challenging even on easy mode.  Don't know, I think since xp is divided up between characters, I suppose your main character level could get much higher than if just in a group?

Anyway, definitely one of the few RPGs to have kept me hooked and I'd highly recommend it.

Gusington

For me, easy mode has not been so easy. But I use it the most of all difficulty settings.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on June 02, 2016, 08:05:16 AM

A fee days ago I also sold the crapload of mushrooms and herbs and stones we found so I cannot really enchant anything at this point.  Have to load up my stash with items again.

Also got word that my keep is going to be invaded.



Are we still talking about Pillars Of Eternity?  Or did this thread go RL in metaphors?


As for PoE, my first and only campaign began with the Sorcerer/Wizard class, whatever that is.  As with the D&D system it took inspiration from, the early levels for such a class is squishy and weak.  I had hoped they got past that down side to D&D games, but it carried over into their "custom" system.  I also suppose your earliest companions don't change based on your own class..?

Then... the first NPC character who offers to join me is... another Sorcerer.   Fffuu..!!  Combat was pretty painful until I finally got a beefcake-type fighter to join.  And he still doesn't hold aggro any more than the other two, so they still get pulped. 

Yet I've still enjoyed the whole thing.  Despite the extra helping of punishment I got. 

Gusington

HA 'Beefcake' class.

My own avatar is a dwarf cipher...I always play with avatars most like me in real life.

My party now is mostly at level 5 and combat is getting steadily less harsh.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Certainly not! How dare you.

But there is a place on the mantle for him if he gets too frisky.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I was enjoying myself with PoE until I finally made it down to the bottom of my keep and met the big baddy down there.  The entire party got wiped in about 5 seconds.  Reloaded, healed and buffed and tried again.  Same result.  Tried some gamey exploits and managed to get him down to about 2/3rds of his health before dying again.

Gave up, went and did a lot more of the main story until I'd found all NPCs and reached the level cap for everyone.  Then I tried, and tried, and tried again to beat the baddy with every possible party combo and never even came close to winning that fight. I watched a bunch of walkthroughs and read guides for how to win but still never even came close. Stopped playing after that.