F1 2016 - NOT a wargame

Started by JudgeDredd, May 31, 2016, 12:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Just found out that I can change the AI setting before each session throughout the career which is good - means I don't have to start over and can up the challenge

I also found out that I am on 2 below the top level AI. I am on Expert, but there's two other increased levels - Legend and Ultimate  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

#46
Right - Sochi race start, first few laps and Virtual Safety Car



Unfortunately I crashed out on lap 18. As I said previously, I'm only going to use the Flashback feature if it's my fault. For AI issues, I'll use it. Unfortunately, this was my fault, so I took the hit and didn't finish.

For the next race, Catalunya in Spain, I've upped the AI to Legend

My new rival is Gutierrez in the HAAS as I've beaten my teammate and been promoted to primary driver within the team (just means more bonus points on offer I think).

I am winning the rivalry to Gutierrez by 1 point. I was winning by 5 or 6, but crashing out of Sochi put paid to that lead.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Bardolph

Quote from: bboyer66 on September 23, 2016, 06:56:58 AM
Do any of you amateurs do Iracing?   If you do not, I humbly request your presence so that I can blow your doors off.      O0

I'm there, we need to lure Judge back in  ;)

W8taminute

Gorgeous looking game and great immersion.  Yet another game to add to my wishlist. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Slick Wilhelm

How would you guys compare the physics and Force Feedback of F1:2016 to say, Project Cars?

Rekim


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on September 27, 2016, 07:42:32 PM
How would you guys compare the physics and Force Feedback of F1:2016 to say, Project Cars?
Different racing genres, so apples and oranges really when it comes to physics at least.

The F1 cars appear to act like F1 cars - at least, how we're led to believe - in that they are glued to the ground with some twitchiness when in the dry and putting the power down too early or clipping a kerb and like riding a bull that's wearing a snow board on each hoof on ice when driving in the rain (though not quite that bad).

The physics in the F1 game are great imo. The force feedback is good too, but I don't particularly go a whole lot on FFB. I would think, iirc, that pCars would win the FFB stakes.

But both games are superb.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

I think there is actually something wrong with the AI.

I have upped the AI level to Legend (from Expert) and currently going round Catalunya in Spain I'm 11 seconds off the pace. Worse than that, I'm 6 seconds behind my team mate. That is just a ridiculous jump in AI performance. It's not like this is a circuit I don't know or am particularly bad at...I've raced it a lot.

So, whilst I didn't want to be qualifying 3rd, I don't want to be driving around constantly dead last all the time...and I don't even mind that so much - it's the fact the times are so stark!

So it'll be back to Expert in the next race I'm afraid.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Pete Dero


JudgeDredd

Worth every penny imo - go get it  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people



JudgeDredd

I definitely need to lower the AI. Not only is it kick arse on Legend, but any hopes of managing to perform anything related to times is just completely out of reach.

Here's my rather sorry attempt at the tyre test - not a single point. And this is not down to not knowing the circuit - it's down to what the game has deemed an acceptable lap time for what I set the AI to.


The game needs an "in-between" here. I find it too easy on Expert and I'm out performing where I should be and yet I'm left stationary one level up.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

I need to find a cheap steering wheel so I can finally try these games....no way can I survive using a controller.