Italo-Turkish War 1911

Started by Gusington, June 07, 2016, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Greetings fellow nerds. I am set to read A Box of Sand in the next few weeks, a history of the war befween Italy and the Ottoman Empire in North Africa. Usually I fall back on Civ V for gaming a conflict like this, but I wanted to reach out and see if there was anything else out there on the PC that you could recommend. Thanks all!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

Your best bet would be to find a scenario in the Operation Art Of War 3
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

RyanE

Steam and Iron has 2-3 scenarios on the naval aspect.

Gusington

Steam and Iron eh? Wouldn't have thought of that...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

panzerde

I'll second both of the above. I know there's a Balkan Wars scenario in OOW3. It wouldn't surprise me to find that there's one covering this one, as well.


The SAI scenarios are pretty interesting. Neither combatant is a first rate naval power, so you aren't dealing with ships and crews comparable to the RN or even the US or Japanese.


You could probably build your own in Advanced Tactics Gold too, if no one has done a scenario there, yet.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Gusington

Interesting...honestly I didn't know if there was anything available at all, naval themed or otherwise.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

#6
It's all about the Italians nicking Libya, Rhodes and the Dodecanese for their new "Roman Empire". A very one sided war for the Turks, with dubious winnings for the Italians (save for the Greek Islands, which are very nice now, but were a bit basic back then).

Like RyanE mentioned SAI have some scenarios, or you could use the Turkish fleet mod for Rule the Waves and deal with it both strategically and tactically (although in RtW the Turks will be in  far better position than they were historically).
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

Gus,

If you're willing to set up for that war waaaay in advance, you could go with either a modified version of the Ageod engine in Pride of Nations, or with a modified version of the Clauswitz engine in Victoria 2.

Battlefront's WW1 game (part of the Supreme Command series? -- I've forgotten the name of the series, sorry), features a lot of interesting side campaigns, and might have one for this war since it predates WW1 slightly in the same region. I know WW1Gold does not. Unsure about the other recent WW1 games including Ageod's To End All Wars.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Thanks Pratt. I tried Victoria 2 and Pride of Nations years ago and both were way beyond me. I've got that Battlefront game and it has some great side campaigns. I played the Siege of Kut and really enjoyed it. But I don't think I saw any pre WWI Italian campaigns. Thanks for reminding me though I will have to check it out again to confirm.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Quote from: Gusington on June 13, 2016, 05:30:17 PM
Thanks Pratt. I tried Victoria 2 and Pride of Nations years ago and both were way beyond me. I've got that Battlefront game and it has some great side campaigns. I played the Siege of Kut and really enjoyed it. But I don't think I saw any pre WWI Italian campaigns. Thanks for reminding me though I will have to check it out again to confirm.
I've just loaded it up to see for you, but sadly only the 1912 1st Balkan War.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

panzerde

Quote from: Boggit on June 13, 2016, 05:38:14 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 13, 2016, 05:30:17 PM
Thanks Pratt. I tried Victoria 2 and Pride of Nations years ago and both were way beyond me. I've got that Battlefront game and it has some great side campaigns. I played the Siege of Kut and really enjoyed it. But I don't think I saw any pre WWI Italian campaigns. Thanks for reminding me though I will have to check it out again to confirm.
I've just loaded it up to see for you, but sadly only the 1912 1st Balkan War.


Which is admittedly still pretty amazing, given how obscure that conflict is. The Franco-Prussian War scenario is darn good, too.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Gusington

Thank you Sir, I kinda knew the answer...it was the first game I thought of. While in there try the Siege of Kut, it's solid.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat