Wait, a proper WH40k game? Turn based dawn of war shenanigans?

Started by undercovergeek, August 02, 2016, 07:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FarAway Sooner

Nice!

Yeah, the Stargrunts article is amusing juxtaposition, but the Marines in the books (Chaos Marines and good guys) are a bit more savvy than that.  Of course, the great thing about fiction is that you can always structure the challenge so that any set of protagonists or antagonists are up to (or not) facing the challenge du jour!

I enjoy the part where a Space Marine rips one soldier limb by limb and then beats another one to pulp with the ripped-off leg.    :o

jomni



Don't forget to watch Part 2 also.

Rayfer

Great video jomni...brings back fond memories of playing the old tabletop Warhammer 40K game.


Geezer

Looks great.  The mechanics immediately remind me of the Battle Academy games.  Just when I thought I had all the games I needed.... :)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

jomni

Quote from: Geezer on December 01, 2016, 11:27:51 AM
Looks great.  The mechanics immediately remind me of the Battle Academy games.  Just when I thought I had all the games I needed.... :)

It is the newest version of the BA engine.  Interface is familiar indeed.  I'm no 40K tabletop gamer.  But can anyone see if they implemented tabletop rules in this?

Surtur

They will probably be inspired, but in no way copied, I can't imagine GamesWorkshop would allow that.
"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"

Jarhead0331

I would imagine that the table top gaming industry, at least in the US, isn't what it used to be. Fewer people play, while more people are turning to electronic media for entertainment. GW will follow the money and digital gaming is the present and the future. It's time for them to finally give in and license a pc game that mirrors the table top experience.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 02, 2016, 05:42:01 AM
I would imagine that the table top gaming industry, at least in the US, isn't what it used to be. Fewer people play, while more people are turning to electronic media for entertainment. GW will follow the money and digital gaming is the present and the future. It's time for them to finally give in and license a pc game that mirrors the table top experience.

+1
So very true.


undercovergeek

looking good, although there seems to be an awful lot of units to take down in scenarios

Freyland


panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Cyrano

They're Vikings.

On wolves.

In space.

Alles klar?

P.S.:  Not fractionally so cool as the Dwarves in space who have a mighty steam choo-choo.

Or the Imperial Guard who have shooty hobbits (TM) with long-range rifles.

Upon reflection, it is an unending wonder that WH40k ever got a reputation for bad-assery...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

The space viking berserkers riding space wolves, are also werewolves.

Don't forget.

Never forget.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!