New Tactical Shooter on Kickstarter - Ground Branch

Started by Barthheart, June 06, 2012, 07:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: kam9999 on December 18, 2021, 09:01:10 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 18, 2021, 08:15:16 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2021, 06:31:41 AM
Quote from: kam9999 on December 18, 2021, 06:16:50 AM
I can confirm that there IS a single player mode in the game.

And its available during the early access?  If so, can you provide details what exists?  Campaign?  Just single player missions and how many?  I had read somewhere that single player was planned but wasn't necessarily available yet so just trying to confirm.

There is no single player campaign yet. There are lone wolf missions and training compound areas (ie. killhouse, shooting range, etc.)

There are currently two different versions of the game, both in early access. The main version has about half a dozen maps that can be played lone wolf. Enemies are spawned with a degree of randomisation to quantity and location. There is also a small degree of map variation. It is very good, much like an updated version of the early Ghost Recon.

The second version is a testing build for a major upgrade that is due soon. I haven't played it yet. It offers upgraded graphics and even more maps. However there are known bugs at the moment.

If you buy the game on Steam you get access to both versions. There is a lot more information on the Steam home page.

Thanks

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 18, 2021, 08:15:16 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2021, 06:31:41 AM
Quote from: kam9999 on December 18, 2021, 06:16:50 AM
I can confirm that there IS a single player mode in the game.

And its available during the early access?  If so, can you provide details what exists?  Campaign?  Just single player missions and how many?  I had read somewhere that single player was planned but wasn't necessarily available yet so just trying to confirm.

There is no single player campaign yet. There are lone wolf missions and training compound areas (ie. killhouse, shooting range, etc.)

Thanks, just curious if you have opinion which is better right now for single player, this or Ready or Not.  Have to admit Ready or Not checks a lot of boxes for me since I enjoyed Swat back in the day

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2021, 09:22:55 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 18, 2021, 08:15:16 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2021, 06:31:41 AM
Quote from: kam9999 on December 18, 2021, 06:16:50 AM
I can confirm that there IS a single player mode in the game.

And its available during the early access?  If so, can you provide details what exists?  Campaign?  Just single player missions and how many?  I had read somewhere that single player was planned but wasn't necessarily available yet so just trying to confirm.

There is no single player campaign yet. There are lone wolf missions and training compound areas (ie. killhouse, shooting range, etc.)

Thanks, just curious if you have opinion which is better right now for single player, this or Ready or Not.  Have to admit Ready or Not checks a lot of boxes for me since I enjoyed Swat back in the day

Ready or Not. It has squad AI and you can run solo missions with a team and nice command system.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 18, 2021, 10:06:56 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2021, 09:22:55 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 18, 2021, 08:15:16 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2021, 06:31:41 AM
Quote from: kam9999 on December 18, 2021, 06:16:50 AM
I can confirm that there IS a single player mode in the game.

And its available during the early access?  If so, can you provide details what exists?  Campaign?  Just single player missions and how many?  I had read somewhere that single player was planned but wasn't necessarily available yet so just trying to confirm.

There is no single player campaign yet. There are lone wolf missions and training compound areas (ie. killhouse, shooting range, etc.)

Thanks, just curious if you have opinion which is better right now for single player, this or Ready or Not.  Have to admit Ready or Not checks a lot of boxes for me since I enjoyed Swat back in the day

Ready or Not. It has squad AI and you can run solo missions with a team and nice command system.

Thanks again, looks like another holiday purchase coming:)

Silent Disapproval Robot

I've been jumping back and forth between this and Ready Or Not recently.  It's come along quite nicely but at a very leisurely pace.  I do really enjoy the gunplay in this one but I find Ready Or Not to be more polished, especially for single player.

Anyone still playing this one?  I joined in a few sessions with some guys from GLID (all players are current or former military or law enforcement.  It was fun but some of those dudes can be a bit over the top for me). 

al_infierno

I assume the "especially for single player" comment means they haven't done a lot of work on the AI?  I dipped my toes in this but none of my friends own it, so I spent about half an hour popping bots, wasn't impressed, and never touched it again - though like you said, the guns felt great.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Silent Disapproval Robot

The AI is a bit suspect.  They do a pretty good job of chasing you down once they detect you, but sometimes once they spot you, they just kinda lock up and stand there, daring you to try something.  Then you plug 'em.

al_infierno

#22
Alright, I'm giving this one another chance and I have to say I'm pretty sold on it.  I like the slower pace and more milsim feel compared to Ready or Not.  The maps are also quite a bit more open and let you really sneak around and come up with creative plans.  Also gotta love a game that gives me proper binocs to scope out the countryside and plan my attack.   :smitten:

Sneaking around and then taking a near-miss really gives you that feeling of FIBSA and butt puckering!
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I really like all the AI options you can control from the advanced AI settings.  Just wish there were settings that could make me suck less.

al_infierno

#24
One way I'm really enjoying playing this is basically in Die Hard mode.  Nothing but civie clothes, a basic vest or belt, and a sidearm (preferably an M9 for proper Die Hardness  :bd:).  Jump into a small map with 8-12 baddies and use your wits and scavenged AKs and shotguns to survive.  Pretty dang challenging, but fun nonetheless!  I just picked up my first win in this mode, hunting down the last dude was extremely tense.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Silent Disapproval Robot


al_infierno

Heh, now I want a skyscraper level where you can launch yourself off the roof while screaming "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" into your mic, deafening all your friends  :-"
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Jarhead0331

Been a long time since we talked about this one. The last few updates have added a lot of important content and systems, as well as polish. The enemy and team AI have improved a lot and there is now some solid single player content. It's definitely a good time to jump back in and check out all the improvements and advancements.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Silent Disapproval Robot

I reinstalled the game, updated to the latest version, and gave it a whirl.

There's something really wrong with the AI.  If you set it to easy mode, they just kinda stand there and wait to be shot 90% of the time.  If they do shoot back, they can't hit anything past very close range.  Sometimes they'll try to deploy smoke grenades but I think they watched too many ninja movies from the 80s because they just toss the grenades right at their own feet.

If you set the AI difficulty any higher than easy (not actually called easy in game, but it's the lowest setting), they turn into terminator bots.  They can see through all forms of concealment, turn faster that you're able to, and will drill you with a one-shot kill at any range, regardless of the calibre of their firearm or the amount of intervening cover and armour you're wearing.

Fun to fiddle around with, but it's still a long way from done.  I uninstalled it again for now. 

Jarhead0331

Just bear in mind that V1035 is literally first iteration of the team AI. It will certainly improve.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18