Oh my...Elite Dangerous:Horizons

Started by JudgeDredd, August 28, 2016, 04:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 26, 2016, 09:46:36 AM
The missions aren't nerfed, but switching from Open to Closed and vice versa will not refresh the list anymore.

Passenger missions seem to be lucrative at times too. Yesterday a friend of mine spotted one with only 90ly and a cheap Economy cabin netting 4.5mil.
When I checked the same board it was gone and no such deal was listed anymore.

Not only are they not nerfed, but FD is now mentioning Sothis/Ceos/Robigo as lucrative destinations in their welcome message for new commanders. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: sandman2575 on October 26, 2016, 11:14:16 AM
I definitely dig the new starport interiors. Eye-candy to be sure, but it's damn purdy and I'm a sucker for this kind of thing. Also like how they've rearranged the starport services UI, and that the head of the leading faction 'greets' you when you log in. I may be mistaken, as I only played for about an hour last night, but I thought there was some new voice audio as well -- had not heard before the voice of the FFC guy who hailed me when arriving at a new starport. I in general love E:D's voice work -- especially the one who sounds like the guy from the old 7-UP commercial ("The UnCola!!!") and says "You have arrived at a sanctuary among the stars!"  Awesome.

I also like that an autopilot slightly nudges your ship to be dead center when frame-shift jumping. It's the little things that please me, I guess...

I like how the UI indicates right before a frameshift the class of star you heading to.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

sandman2575

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 26, 2016, 01:15:36 PM
I like how the UI indicates right before a frameshift the class of star you heading to.

Agree -- and like how it also tells you your criminal status ("clean" "wanted") in the new system you're jumping to.

I briefly tried leading a life of crime, hi-jacking low-temp diamond hauls, and it was a disaster. I simply cannot win the interdiction mini-game -- doesn't matter if I'm the one doing to the interdicting or the one being interdicted, I lose *every* time -- not sure why FDev had to make it so impossible. The one Type-7 I did successfully interdict and was carrying a LTD load, I inadvertently destroyed -- got his hull down to around 40% and the next moment he blows up (??).

Anyway, it's back to a humble life of hauling for me...

Yskonyn

Aparently mode switching does still refresh the mission list.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

I've only done a few trips between Ceos and sothis, but so far I have not seen the same kind of lucrative hauling runs I used to see, either between Ceos and Solthis, or into the bubble. Those missions are still there, but they are much lower in payout. Runs into the bubble payout in the 1,000,000 range. Nothing like the 4,000,000 to 6,000,000 I used to see with regularity. Additionally, local runs of illicit cargo payout in the 500,000, not the 5,000,000 range I used to see.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

It had always been in the 1.5 range per mission. The big numbers are achieved by stacking missions.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 27, 2016, 05:45:17 AM
It had always been in the 1.5 range per mission. The big numbers are achieved by stacking missions.

Not true. Runs into the bubble were frequently in the 4 to 6 million range, I would stack those earning 12 to 15 million per run.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

Oh ok. Perhaps I was being unlucky then or not high enough reputation. Never came across those numbers. Good money though! :)
Base attack missions are lucrative as well now.

Jarhead0331

Reputation definitely is an important factor. At least it was. Going to require more investigation to see if there is really a change.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 27, 2016, 10:44:12 AM
Reputation definitely is an important factor. At least it was. Going to require more investigation to see if there is really a change.

You might want to also check the economic state of the system.  Mission payouts are higher when the systems are in an economic boom.

Since I have fallen down a Civ 6 shaped hole, I haven't had the chance to go in and check things out, but I may this evening.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

sandman2575

Y'all seen this?

http://kotaku.com/elite-dangerous-players-have-finally-found-aliens-1790824887

I highly recommend playing the embedded YouTube clip. It's pretty rad.

I kind of od'd on E:D a couple months ago. Maybe time to jump back in. Things sound like they're about to get pretty interesting...

Yskonyn

HoodedHorseJoe

I got actual shivers when I watched that. Haven't played this in ages, need to jump back on it.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

JudgeDredd

The game is amazing. I do not play it nearly enough.
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Holy crap that's awesome

If I get back in it will be at the cost of all other games, life, and time!!