Call of Combat/Divided we Fall releases on Steam EA.

Started by AchillesLastStand, September 07, 2016, 02:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AchillesLastStand

http://www.kavagamestudio.com/press/

Divided we Fall is a close-combat multiplayer game with team-driven strategy at its core set in various immersive battlefields of the Second World War.
Command your squad through WW2, form well thought-out battlefield tactics and executive them effectively to ensure your path to victory.
Hone your skills in fast paced 1 vs 1 real-time battles, or join battles with up to 10 soldiers per side, each will require a great amount of planning, co-operation and teamwork.
Become a commander by being the highest ranked player of a team, devise an overall battle plan for your team and assign weapons to your soldiers through an in-game board interface.
To achieve victory as a commander on the battlefield, you must make effective use of terrain to provide cover for your troops, create deadly kill zones and ambush the enemy. Success hinges on the tactics formed during the planning phase, the effective teamwork between each other and the individual execution of the chosen tactics during combat.
Forge strong bonds of brotherhood in this intense multiplayer combat, for Divided we Fall...

Divided We Fall has the following key features:

◾Intense battles where tactics and teamwork are key to win battles
◾Close quarter combat with tactical manoeuvring and ambushes
◾Squad-based action combined with team play that has a clear military chain of command
◾Compete with your clan via ranking systems, leaderboards and competitions
◾Command your fire team successfully and strive to become a general
◾Use the World War II terrain to your advantage; provide cover for your troops and create deadly kill zones and ambushes.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/495580

The game releases in less than an hour so I may update the price although I cant imagine it being more than 10-15 bucks. Looks interesting though.



Hofstadter

Looks like an interesting game. I might just pick it up.

By god the trailer is super ugly.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Nefaro

It's developer, KAding, has occasionally hung out on a few wargame forums for years.  One of the Matrix forum old-timers, from back in the day.  Nice guy.  O0   Haven't seen him too often, lately.  Obviously too busy between work and developing this.

Hofstadter

if i have enough money after the shops ill buy it and make a video
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

jomni

I love how cover is really effective here and flanking is a must unlike some other games (Men of War?).


Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on September 07, 2016, 06:41:11 PM
I love how cover is really effective here and flanking is a must unlike some other games (Men of War?).

Cover and flanking absolutely are critical in Men of War. At least, if you want to play it well.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

#6
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 07, 2016, 08:17:44 PM
Quote from: jomni on September 07, 2016, 06:41:11 PM
I love how cover is really effective here and flanking is a must unlike some other games (Men of War?).

Cover and flanking absolutely are critical in Men of War. At least, if you want to play it well.

Yes you may be right but I get the impression that cover is not always effective.  Anyway I haven't played a lot of MoW so this comment is based on my initial impressions of the game.