Main Menu

Afghanistan '11

Started by jomni, September 27, 2016, 06:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Promptly bought! -- to play later.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I am looking to maybe get this tonight if peeps here think it's worth 30.00.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on March 23, 2017, 12:12:30 PM
I am looking to maybe get this tonight if peeps here think it's worth 30.00.

I think it's worth your $30.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on March 23, 2017, 12:17:17 PM
You're playing it?

I'm waiting for you to buy it and tell me how it is.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Just hurry up and buy it.

Gusington

Now you've ruined the magic.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on March 23, 2017, 12:23:20 PM
Now you've ruined the magic.

If I had a nickel for every time I've been told that...

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GeneralHawk

Purchased!

Served with D Co 2-35 IN 3BCT 25ID at Honaker Miracle Apr2011-Apr2012 in the Pech River Valley.  This game is like a love letter to us grunts.

Enjoy!
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

MikeGER

it was well worth the €25.19  i paid  :)
after seeing lots of vids last week i started playing through tutorial 3  and now i am at tutorial 4 "Red Wing"

there is a new aspect that i didn't know from the previews vids

you have to make a transition from US to Afghan forces over the 60 turns with milestones and targets
... so you just cant sit with your special forces all day in the mountains to have some fun on covered OPs, you really have to use them to build up Afghan forces and from time to time send US forces back home... its an order not an option (if you cant take the penalties in PPs)

also i like you really have to make bold decisions: you cant just 'RTS-around' a little with your PPs (political points) and build nice to have things here and there at an FOB just for the kicks and convenience or get a cool surplus Apache for hunting in Indian country. Every point has to be spend as a tactical and strategical investment

I guess i will have some good nailbiting fun with that wargame in the upcoming time  O0   

MC

Quote from: mirth on March 23, 2017, 12:19:28 PM
Just hurry up and buy it.

Well I now see it on sale at Steam for $26.99. They must have been slow at dropping the price. Now Gus has no excuse for not buying it since it is on sale everywhere. You can't save yourself $3.00 unless you buy it. Anything else is a money losing proposition.