Is it Safe Now? Big Game Realeases Done for the Year?

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 11, 2016, 05:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Feels like I have exhausted my credit card over the last few months and most of the big game titles have been released for the year....is it safe now or is there any other big titles still to release in 2016?  I believe some titles still remaining that might interest people include Strategic Command 3, Planet Coaster, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Watchdogs 2....but is that it?

I hope so, my budget can't take anymore and I need to find time to play what I already have:)

Of course we do have to survive all the holiday sales on older games....

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 05:46:06 AM
I hope so, my budget can't take anymore and I need to find time to play what I already have:)
+1  >:D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MikeGER

you will be never save  ;)

Don't forget about all the small niche niche releases!
release that are so niche that I actually had to import a physical CD ol'school to Germany

look what was in the mail today  :)


its the PC version of:  https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67600/d-day-tarawa  (released 1. Nov)

mirth

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 11, 2016, 06:02:12 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 11, 2016, 05:46:06 AM
I hope so, my budget can't take anymore and I need to find time to play what I already have:)
+1  >:D

Like that's going to stop you :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

That's cool Mike. I was thinking of getting D-Day at Omaha Beach PC game ..... but rumour has it that I have the board game coming in the mail..... ^-^

undercovergeek

Tyranny? Dishonoured 2?

Both not for me but I understand they'll be out soon

I know you and JD couldn't possibly advocate it but my enjoyment of games has increased exponentially since I reduced the number I buy so I can concentrate on the ones I really wanted to play

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 11, 2016, 07:20:13 AM
Tyranny? Dishonoured 2?

Both not for me but I understand they'll be out soon

I know you and JD couldn't possibly advocate it but my enjoyment of games has increased exponentially since I reduced the number I buy so I can concentrate on the ones I really wanted to play

Both already released, at least here in the US.  Tyranny is getting a close look from me:)

I wish I could cut back and I did for awhile, but recently just a number of them have interested me and I have a hard time holding back!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 11, 2016, 07:20:13 AM
Tyranny? Dishonoured 2?

Both not for me but I understand they'll be out soon

I know you and JD couldn't possibly advocate it but my enjoyment of games has increased exponentially since I reduced the number I buy so I can concentrate on the ones I really wanted to play
Not interested in those.

I 100% advocate what you are doing - I just can't seem to manage it
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Anguille

#10
Dawn of Andromeda should come out before the end of the year. I am cautious but it might be interesting.

A live streaming is planned for the 17th of November:

QuoteWe are going to do a live stream for Dawn of Andromeda the 17th November along with the Iceberg Interactive crew. It will be the first time we show gameplay footage in quite some time, so make sure you don't miss it!


Grim.Reaper

Luckily I am not interested in those last few so maybe I will do alright through at least the end of the year.....although one other I forgot if turns out good is the new College Football game from Wolverine....not confident it will, but if it does hard to resist a good sports title.

Gusington

Definitely do not buy Dishonored 2 right now!! Wait for a technical optimization patch. Kills me to type that...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on November 11, 2016, 12:19:32 PM
Definitely do not buy Dishonored 2 right now!! Wait for a technical optimization patch. Kills me to type that...

I am probably one of the few, but did not even enjoy the first version.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd