From the FRIDAY to the Pit!

Started by Dammit Carl!, November 18, 2016, 04:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tuna

Happy Birthday OJ's Dad..
Do some flying.. IL2 BoS.. DCS (if they patch the mouse issue).. World of Warships.. Got back into Ultimate General Gettysburg (because of all the UG talk).. Funny seems harder now than the first time I bought it. I've lost as the Rebels twice since starting up again. I'm on my 3rd run, and doing better, 3 battles in.

Bison

I'm planning on a marathon session of watching Robotech season 1 on Netflix.  D&D tomorrow and hopefully setting up US Civil War for a solo play through.

Happy Birthday OJ.

-budd-

Happy birthday OJ,
I turned 48 a few months ago, it's not so bad  :bd:, hope you have a good one.
For gaming, I have 4 pbem turns waiting for me in CSME, in 2 I'm doing OK, 1 jury still out and the other I'm getting killed. Got back into playing a bit of Tigers on the Hunt, there so many scenarios to choose from, thx modders. Been following the chess world championship so I loaded up my chess learning software and chessmaster 10 for some chess fun and thinking about getting strategic war in Europe so might be learning that.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Barthheart

Happy Birthday OJsDad... no one should have to work on their birthday though....

Little bit a winter prep work left on the cars. Putting the snow fence around the pol to keep the dog from going on that patch of the backyard when it's covers in snow.

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm PBEM with OJsDad... my Soviet air if finally giving me a slight edge.
Plan Orange PBEM with SDR... wild swing in the other direction with our re-do... still not sure I like this game... seems really dependant on luck....

Play testing LnLP's Solo module for the Lock 'n Load Tactical system. Looks good so far.  :bd:

Trying out the new patch for Civ VI.


FlickJax

Happy Birthday sir, I am another who turned 48 this year!!

Can't make my mind up on what I want to play, too many I haven't started yet and lots I haven't given enough time too.


jamus34

Hmm need to rake, prep master bedroom for painting and try to pull off a wall to find something that died behind it.

Plus I have season 6 of game of thrones I need to rip through in a week tops.

Will probably concentrate on Witcher 3 and Stellaris / HOI4
Insert witty comment here.

bbmike

Happy Birthday OJ's Dad!  <:-)
I was going to play something other than Civ6 but since a new, huge patch just dropped...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BigBlueFleet

Playing WITE and some NHL 2004 Rebuilt after they just uploaded new mods!!

Rayfer

Still playing Fallout 4...level 24 and the main quest line is nearing an end (at least it seems that way, not really sure). I loved FO3 and FO New Vegas but FO4, IMHO, is the best of the three.

Sir Slash

I will add my-- Happy Birthday-- to OJ and mention that you and my Grandson have the same birthday. He's turning one today in fact so tomorrow, his Grandpa will introduce him to partying like it's 1999 at his very first B.D. party. Probably not much gaming though. Pillars of Eternity if I get the time. Have a good one Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

DCS multi-player, since the fix is in.

Maybe some tabletop stuff in the next week.

JasonPratt

Happy Birthday to OJD! -- some of us are Darkest Hour vets and would appreciate your comments on it. (...the Paradox game, not the Red Orchestra mod which has recently returned to the original Red Orchestra topic, to head off confusion.  >:D )

My birthday was Tuesday, and Dad's is coming up, so there were partial parties last weekend and this coming -- but I'll have to work tomorrow, too. And then do a party. Less gaming for me.  :buck2: Nice to have parties, tho!

Given I have free time, I will doubtless be continuing my Secret AAR Project, which should be coming up on 30 battles now. Possibly may have turned a corner or two (both figuratively and literally), but everything could easily still go straight to heck if the AI lucks up enough in its strategic meandering. (I'm fighting along with one AI teammate, who should have been destroyed long ago and continues to struggle on thanks to my selfless efforts, against three AI teammates who at this point are mostly focused on cracking my defensive anchors.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

For some single-player, I also started dipping back into Total War: Attila since I got the Charlemagne DLC on sale awhile back & still haven't tried it.

Although I tend to do single-player games on my laptop more, and it's wimpy video card doesn't do it justice.   :hide:

Toonces

Ok, too much to reply to!

1.  I'm looking at booting up some Scourge of War: Gettysburg sandbox action, also have this weird feeling that maybe I should take another look at Witcher 3.  Oh, and maybe I'll install Knights of Honor?

2.  @ OJD: Happy Birthday!  At first I was all like, "48?  Damn he's kinda old."  Then I realized I turn 46 in a month and I was all like, "Dammmmmn, I'm old!"

3.  @ Bison: VG's Civil War?  I might be into buying a copy if you want to do PBEM/Vassal.  I've always wanted to pick it up.

4.  I can't remember now.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

CJReich46

Well...

The  "silly season" :idiot2:  begins next week so I'm working this weekend just home by Noon. Although my forecast is I have OFF NEXT SATURDAY!!!! :)

I am still playing Age of Wonders III, loving it. I have been playing a random map, I started one earlier this week and have been going back and forth a little. Yes I know about the DLCs, I will probably grab them on the inevitable Steam Sale!   ::) or GOG.com which ever comes first.

Baldur's Gate :EE is paused for now.  I have been thinking about getting Ganesha Games' Four Against Darkness, it's a great little solo dungeon crawler system.  Cheap too, and they added an Arthurian Grail quest to it recently.



" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose