From the FRIDAY to the Pit!

Started by Dammit Carl!, November 18, 2016, 04:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

Funds are my issue, too...still want to see Doctor Strange, too.

One of the guys at our work meeting was saying Bryan Cranston and The Infiltrator were fantastic movies; I'd not seen it nor heard of it.


KyzBP

Happy Birthday, fellow Ohioan! (Is that even a thing?)

Kids birthday parties on Saturday (neither of them are in their 40's).

Football on Sunday.  I'll find some time to play something, hopefully. :-\

Martok

A belated Happy 48th to OJ'sDad! :)  Hope it was good. 


Thus far, I've been too dang busy to get any gaming done this weekend, and tomorrow isn't looking very promising either.  I've found myself playing a fair amount of StarDrive 2 (with the AI Improvement Mod) the last few days (as a customized Chukk race), so on the off-chance I end up having any free time between now and tomorrow night, will probably continue playing that. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Wolfe1759

So far it has been mainly Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe for me; hexes, the ability to have AI controlled nations within your side and dynamic movement are really nice additions to the series (yes there were hexes in SC1). Playing a bit of Titans Quest as well.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Moreb

I'm playing Caulk and Paint 2016 Deluxe Edition. Hard to hide my enthusiasm. :-\
When dongles fly? - mirth

OJsDad

Thanks for all of the well wishes for my B-Day!!

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Moreb on November 19, 2016, 03:14:43 PM
I'm playing Caulk and Paint 2016 Deluxe Edition. Hard to hide my enthusiasm. :-\
:DD

This is a good one.  Going to steal this phrase for sure.

Gusington

Like Martok I have not had a weekend until now. So I am sauced up on some cider and am going to fire up Witcher 3.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on November 19, 2016, 05:26:28 PM
Like Martok I have not had a weekend until now. So I am sauced up on some cider and am going to fire up Witcher 3.

I think I may actually have a drink myself. It's been a while. I have a gallon of sour mash in the deep freezer. Might have to crack it open.

Oh. And a Happy Birthday OJD
When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2016, 07:21:27 PM
Happy birthday OJsDad and FLickJax!

MengJiao tell me all about your Age of Charlemagne campaign...it beckons to me.

WITCHER 3!!!!

   I running the Lombards.  So far they are doing a lot better than the Avars.  I'll put up more pictures if anything interesting happens.

nelmsm

When I have time trying to keep up with all PBEM games I have going, 10 or 11 I think. If I get caught up than its going to be Flaspoint Campaign or EUIV.

Gusington

Meng I plan on playing the Lombards too in Charlemagne. They look a like a fascinating faction.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on November 19, 2016, 09:13:13 PM
Meng I plan on playing the Lombards too in Charlemagne. They look a like a fascinating faction.

  The location is pretty ideal anyway and they have a good assortment of troops.  I took Rome and now I'm in very bad diplomatic shape with everyone -- even the Avars (who worship cosmic trees).  But that will go away when the current King dies.
I'll prop him in the saddle and send him alone amongst the Byzantines in southern Italy. 


Gusington

Weekend at Bernie Lombard's?

I imagine when the cosmic tree huggers hate you, that could be the beginning of the end.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd