So better stay away from Steel Beasts dongles

Started by RyanE, December 06, 2016, 10:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Con

I agree that this was the right place to post and discuss this. Now however before this turns into a flame fest is the time to wait and see what Is the outcome of this discussion. Nothing to be gained from either side having proxies chime in. I am interested to learn about the end result. Does this policy remain enforced or is there a learning moment on both sides.
RyanE an update when there is an one would be appreciated.

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: RyanE on December 06, 2016, 10:27:19 PM
My luggage was lost on a trip back from China

Quote from: RyanE on December 06, 2016, 10:27:19 PM
in the luggage was my SB Pro dongle. 

...waiting for the Chinese version of Steel Beasts. Maybe'll we'll get a playable Type 99.

On a serious note, that's a crappy situation. I assume that there's no way to argue with the airline, and I wonder if the Chinese government normally confiscates any data tech leaving the country (DVD's, CD's, thumb drives, etc).

panzerde

Right, there goes Con, being reasonable and everything again. What am I gonna do with this pitchfork I went and got?  :tickedoff:


Also, let me join the Asid Fan Club. He is always extremely friendly and helpful. I suspect sometimes that people hear his helpfulness and positive tone as being somehow a partisan for a company, person, or position. Asid just wants to share the games he loves with as many people as he can. He's a happy Scottish person!



"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JudgeDredd

Quote from: panzerde on December 08, 2016, 06:08:25 PM
...He's a happy Scottish person!
WHAT? They just giving that out now?  :pullhair:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek


panzerde

Look, statistically there has to be one somewhere, right?
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

Quote from: panzerde on December 08, 2016, 06:19:11 PM
Look, statistically there has to be one somewhere, right?

Don't bet your dongle on it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

undercovergeek

Quote from: panzerde on December 08, 2016, 06:19:11 PM
Look, statistically there has to be one somewhere, right?

The problem is, they're only happy when they're moaning, whilst they're stood outside in the rain so it's hard to tell really

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 08, 2016, 06:26:30 PM
Quote from: panzerde on December 08, 2016, 06:19:11 PM
Look, statistically there has to be one somewhere, right?

The problem is, they're only happy when they're moaning, whilst they're stood outside in the rain so it's hard to tell really

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Boggit

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 08, 2016, 07:43:58 AM
The needless and uncalled for aggression towards Asid has to stop, though.  :knuppel2:
I totally agree. Asid is not the problem here.

The problem is the way RyanE has been treated.

He has asked to be treated with a degree of common sense. Crikey, he's offered to pay the replacement cost of the dongle, and is on record as an established customer so I don't get why eSim is playing hardball over this. Do they seriously think he is trying to rip them off, or is it that Ssnake has his nose out of joint because RyanE has made a valid customer service point public? The dual aspect of their business is a red herring in this matter. As a consumer of eSim's commercial product it seems to me to he is getting a raw deal from eSim's customer service.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

panzerde

Quote from: mirth on December 08, 2016, 06:22:06 PM
Quote from: panzerde on December 08, 2016, 06:19:11 PM
Look, statistically there has to be one somewhere, right?

Don't bet your dongle on it.


I'm holding on to my dongle with both hands from here on out. I don't want to have to pay full price for a new one!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

jomni

Here's a thought.  Can you actually copy the license contents of the dongle to another USB stick as backup?  I doubt this is possible though.

JudgeDredd

Hey - I'M still HERE!

I'm f****** happy all the f****** time ya t***s  :bd:

Anyway - you go and live in that climate and see how f****** cheerful you end up  :2funny:   If Washington State was any wetter, it'd still be behind Scotland.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."