Carrier Deck (announced at Matrixgames)

Started by steve58, December 07, 2016, 02:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

I'm definitely playing this a lot. I'm finding it very addictive. Yes, it is most certainly a game, as opposed to any kind of serious simulation, but once you get past the fact that it is not a carrier management sim, it is quite enjoyable.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Apocalypse 31

I'm really enjoying this.

I wish there were some hotkeys for things like views and launching aircraft.

Like, pressing '1' launches ramp 1 or using the F1-F4 for the different views. I find there to be an excessive amount of clicking.

But I'm really digging it and have been replaying missions until I can 5-star them

glen55

You don't get to move the carrier, do you?
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

JudgeDredd

I haven't delved too far into it, but my understanding is no
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Staggerwing

So this is more akin to those restaurant games where you have to get the pizza orders out in time with the correct toppings and sides?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

#51
I dredd (yep - done that) to bring this up because it's always my fault  but I heard a rumour people round here are helpful - so I'll give it a try.

Is anyone at all having a problem clicking in this game?

Unless I've suddenly turned into a mong overnight, and I'm not saying that's outside the realms of possibility, I'm having tremendous trouble with clicking on the aircraft.

So I know a click and hold displays what you want to load up on. Got that and it works fine. But when I click on an aircraft, either it doesn't select or it brings up the circular menu (designed for a long, single left click) which is odd because I ain't holding the mouse to select it.

The next issue is when I do actually get the display that shows where your aircraft can go, it could take several clicks to actually get the aircraft to go there. It seems better if I scroll the ship to the aircraft slot I want to move the aircraft to. Point being, there seems to be an incredibly small sweet spot on those huge aircraft icons to actually get your aircraft to move.

Just asking - computer foocked? my hands foocked? or is the game clicking that sensitive?

Well apparently, it's not me (thank god)
A reviewer said
Quote
I had a few instances where I couldn't press a button or select an aircraft properly due to the unnecessarily shallow camera angles.

And someone on Steam (not me!)
http://steamcommunity.com/app/580720/discussions/0/2333276539596245017/

The devs did say they didn't come across the issue in testing, though. So perhaps (as suggested in the Steam post) it's a machine thing. Drivers? Graphics card make?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Thomasew

#52
.. you're not alone JD, .. I was one of the first to complain about the click issues.

I tried various screen resolutions in all aspect ratios, .. to no avail.

It also 'seemed' to me, .. the more intense the action, .. the worse it got, .. so, maybe a timing issue.

As much as I enjoy the game, .. the frustration with click spots has resulted in me putting it aside for now..

Waiting for 1st Patch, .. which hopefully resolves the issue.

Cheers
Tom
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Jarhead0331

Glad I got it on iOS. No such problem on my iPad. Sucks.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Thomasew on June 21, 2017, 04:05:41 AM
.. you're not alone JD, .. I was one of the first to complain about the click issues.

I tried various screen resolutions in all aspect ratios, .. to no avail.

It also 'seemed' to me, .. the more intense the action, .. the worse it got, .. so, maybe a timing issue.

As much as I enjoy the game, .. the frustration with click spots has resulted in me putting it aside for now..

Waiting for 1st Patch, .. which hopefully resolves the issue.

Cheers
Tom
Well that's some good news. I didn't think losing the ability to control a mouse was going to bode well for the rest of my future in IT
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

glen55

Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

JudgeDredd

Guess what? Patch dropped, loaded game, no more clicking issues  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Yskonyn

I picked this up on iOS. Very fun game with good animations, but aparently this game isn't pilot proof...  O:-)
I run into trouble in mission 2 of the 1st campaign after the tutorial;

You get several cargo aircraft inbound which I can unload and send on their merry way without any problem, but once the enemy aircraft start showing up I am not sure why my Hornets won't launch?
I have them prepped 'Red' for Air. I assign a target in the queue window, then clear a red Hornet to the catapult, but when I want to launch the launch arrows aren't there and instead I get a red rectangle.
Clearly red means no-go, but I can't see why! Did you guys experience this?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

They must be unarmed (don't have the game so don't trust me)

Tamas

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 22, 2017, 03:16:37 AM
I picked this up on iOS. Very fun game with good animations, but aparently this game isn't pilot proof...  O:-)
I run into trouble in mission 2 of the 1st campaign after the tutorial;

You get several cargo aircraft inbound which I can unload and send on their merry way without any problem, but once the enemy aircraft start showing up I am not sure why my Hornets won't launch?
I have them prepped 'Red' for Air. I assign a target in the queue window, then clear a red Hornet to the catapult, but when I want to launch the launch arrows aren't there and instead I get a red rectangle.
Clearly red means no-go, but I can't see why! Did you guys experience this?

We have just released a patch for the game on Steam (standalone version and iOS to follow shortly) that among other things, tries to give you an explanation on why planes can't take off, hopefully that will make these situations clearer.

In your specific case, a reason could be that a cargo mission is ahead in the queue. You need to launch the planes in mission order, first one being on the right edge of the mission list.