The Next Historical Total War Game will begin production in 2017

Started by AchillesLastStand, December 16, 2016, 10:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Yes of course. And a CGI Charlie Chaplin as well as a CGI Bela Lugosi.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

"Take your filthy paws off me you damned dirty CGI ape"!  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2016, 10:01:07 AM
Ironclads and Witches: Byzantium 1904, The Feathering.

Don't even try to pretend you would not buy that in either tabletop or on the PC!


Hrmm...

I already have a couple 1890 iterations of that, in tabletop format.  :nerd:  Close enough?

Rayfer

I wonder if they would go way, way back in time to the early Egyptians, Hittites, Assyrians, Kushites, Nubians, etc...? Or has that been done and I'm just not aware of it?


mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on December 19, 2016, 08:05:40 PM
We've already got Pike & Shot in the ironically named...Pike & Shot.

And I LOVED the naval combat in Fall of the Samurai. The most funnest naval combat in the whole series IMHO.

Oh come on! Lol....pike and shot is not the same as total war. It's turn-based and involves shuffling.  Don't get me wrong, I love pike and shot but besides the battles, The strategic layer isn't close to TW even with the campaign DLC is not anywhere close to total war. Not even close
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MengJiao

Quote from: Rayfer on December 20, 2016, 03:20:14 PM
I wonder if they would go way, way back in time to the early Egyptians, Hittites, Assyrians, Kushites, Nubians, etc...? Or has that been done and I'm just not aware of it?

  They have apparently mentioned they have a foremost expert in the field.  BC is too big to be a field.  There would be say Peter Wilson for the 30 years war or the recent crusade dude (NOT Runicman) or David MAtthews for MesoAmerica.  Gunpowder and Galleys would have another expert.  But no single expert springs to mind for all of the Late Bronze Age Early Iron Age.

Gusington

Details, mikeck, details. I remember a time (2014?) when we had very little Pike + Shot to choose from. Now get off my lawn.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Philippe

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Nefaro

Quote from: Rayfer on December 20, 2016, 03:20:14 PM
I wonder if they would go way, way back in time to the early Egyptians, Hittites, Assyrians, Kushites, Nubians, etc...? Or has that been done and I'm just not aware of it?


I'd like to see that.  Not sure how wide the unit roster would be.  Although they'd have a lot more flexibility in making them varied since fine details from the period can be rather spotty.

Would be interesting to see the big dreaded invasions coming from more heavily armed people from the Sea, instead of the usual Hunnic/Mongol horse peoples from the eastern steppes.

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on December 20, 2016, 08:10:46 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on December 20, 2016, 03:20:14 PM
I wonder if they would go way, way back in time to the early Egyptians, Hittites, Assyrians, Kushites, Nubians, etc...? Or has that been done and I'm just not aware of it?


I'd like to see that.  Not sure how wide the unit roster would be.  Although they'd have a lot more flexibility in making them varied since fine details from the period can be rather spotty.

Would be interesting to see the big dreaded invasions coming from more heavily armed people from the Sea, instead of the usual Hunnic/Mongol horse peoples from the eastern steppes.

  I'm thinking that after War Hammer, they aren't going to want to go back to a relatively low-special effects historical period like the late bronze age.  I suspect some kinds of infernal machinery, either real (the tremendous explosive automaton at the Siege of Antwerp in 1585 for example) or not-so real (MesoAmerican multiple worlds or underworlds) might be in the works.  Of course, Byzantium 1904 might well have both, but I don't think there is a pre-eminence in that field at the moment.

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2016, 06:24:50 PM
Details, mikeck, details. I remember a time (2014?) when we had very little Pike + Shot to choose from. Now get off my lawn.

Well, to be honest, I will vote for any time period that ISNT WW2
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: Rayfer on December 20, 2016, 03:20:14 PM
I wonder if they would go way, way back in time...

In that case, why not Total War: H. Neanderthalensis v. H. Sapiens?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys