Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, December 23, 2016, 07:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

As soon as my ass cheeks touch the sofa tonight there will be quaffing of rum and brandy like a pagan orgy

In the morning I'm collecting the turkey, wrapping presents and playing warhammer until I have a beard like my dwarves and downloading endless space 2

After that there is some escort agency research to be done

Merry Christmas all grogs near and far - I love you all

Sir Slash

Indeed, a very Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to Grogs everywhere and Peace on Earth except for our computers where there will be much wargaming. The Slash Household will be well covered in the celebrating/family getting-together dept. That means I have to be good for the next couple of days and watch what I say, do, eat, where I scratch, and board-up my butt so I don't fart in front of anybody. I even probably will have to put shoes on at some point and hug a lot of strange people. But Christmas only comes once a year so.... what's the worst that can happen? And if it does, there's plenty of Rum and Bourbon to deal with it. Along with some Skyrim( my favorite X-Mas time game) and whacking some barbarians in Alea Jacta Est. Party-On Grogs!!!!  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

Any gaming this weekend will be a with the family and probably won't be wargames. :)

Need to finish the tree and get my son here safe and sound.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all!
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JasonPratt

#18
Trying to get final payroll done and pre-holiday cleanup and finish the loading of our final project this year.

That's today. Gaming later...

(Selling and designing and managing the construction of those things is how I earn enough money to ramble on at length about theological topics and trying to win the War of the Ring as the dwarves...  8) Dad invented them!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah! No gaming for me until I am back home at my pc...having an Irish Christmas with my extended family as is tradition. Time to drink.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Slick Wilhelm

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all grogs and your little groggen!

I'm on-call this week, which means 24x7 until Tuesday morning. Since I pretty much have to stay in town, we're putting off our family celebration until New Year's Eve.

To kick off the weekend right, I pulled out the back up external hard drive with the intention of installing some games from days gone by. Alas, the drive finally gave up the ghost, and I've lost all my games since about 2002. The only exceptions are the games from Steam and the one's I already have installed on my PC.   #:-)

I suppose I could send in the drive to a data reclamation shop, but methinks it would be prohibitively expensive. Yeah I know, it was my own fault. If I really want to play a game, I guess I'll just buy it again.  :uglystupid2:

Anyhoo, this weekend will see me continue to play my first campaign in Strategic Command WWII, and of course some Red Orchestra 2: Rising Sun when it's time for a libation.

WYBaugh

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 23, 2016, 11:48:13 AM
As soon as my ass cheeks touch the sofa tonight there will be quaffing of rum and brandy like a pagan orgy

In the morning I'm collecting the turkey, wrapping presents and playing warhammer until I have a beard like my dwarves and downloading endless space 2

After that there is some escort agency research to be done

Merry Christmas all grogs near and far - I love you all

I like your strategy!

My Christmas consists of my 80 year old mother staying over on Christmas Eve with the wife's family (all of them) over for Christmas day. 

No escorts agencies are involved  >:(

panzerde




Happy holidays, fellow grogs. Looking forward to taking a few days off.


Probably plenty of SOW: Waterloo KS, more beta testing Wars of Succession, a variety of JTS Napoleonics PBEM, and plenty of 18th C tabletop wargaming.


Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!


-budd-

here's a couple of Christmas video's to help with the spirit \m/ ... the guy does an amazing job, how'd you like to be his neighbor.

This one is my favorite


This is this year's version


HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Ubercat

Quote from: panzerde on December 23, 2016, 05:40:53 PM


Great song! I hope that scum who got away with killing Kirsty has a slow and painful death in his future. >:(
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

CJReich46

#29
A year ago around Christmas I was homeless. Thanks to a Veteran's program  I got help  finding a place. I found one in January and moved in as soon as I was allowed to. So this Christmas has been important to me. My first one in my apartment.  I have the entire weekend off, and 26th off!

I'm kind of watching my spending after a hellish week with car repairs. I had to get my shopping done today. So tomorrow its just take care of the odds and sods, do some laundry etc.  But I have been watching the Steam Sale and GOG and of course Matrix Sale.

Christmas Day I get to see my family and I am looking forward to it. But mostly this weekend it is just relax, play some games, check out some You Tubers I've been watching.


I wish you all fellow Grogs a Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukah too.  :hug:


P.S. Love the Kinks (especially Father Christmas!) plus I liked the Christmas Can-Can
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose