Father Christmas give us your FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, December 23, 2016, 07:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Took quite the effort to get here and now my Lombard Empire is paying the price...getting smacked around badly by the Byzantines in Italy proper as well as suffering from a near civil war because of attrition accrued while attempting to finally wipe out the Avars. But I finally did it. Time to wheel the Imperial Army of Lombardy around, brush it off and aim it at the Byzantines. This will take many years to do. Barely any time to enjoy my victory  >:(

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

I just took the Iberian Peninsula for myself.  I finished Portugal over the Pope's objections.  He promptly excommunicated me.  I turned the army around to take Cordoba and Grenada.  All the while, I've been at war with the biggest power on the board, Milan, for close to 40 turns.  France has been in again, out again, now back in again.  The upshot is that I got Bordeaux and one other region just for the asking in peace negotiations. 

Almost at the end of the short campaign.  Need to finish the Moors in North Africa and then take a few more regions from the French/Milanese, and it's good.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Hofstadter

Quote from: bbmike on December 26, 2016, 07:15:55 PM
Quote from: Hofstadter on December 25, 2016, 08:07:50 AM
Went to my partners for christmas, got drunk of....god awful paint thinner vodka (if it can be called that it tastes like sunscreen) and played the board game dead of winter with his housemate.

Nothing much to play, I really wanna make some videos but im kinda dead on ideas and am releasing a video of week. Touch depressing. All ive got is s SOW: ligny campaign and continuing the children of a death earth series.

Although now the sale is on at LnL i may get a command ops 2 module and do a series on that to promote it.

Hope it wasn't that Russian vodka bath lotion.  :P

Its something called Dovka, some weird vodka made from wine
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Nefaro

Quote from: Hofstadter on December 27, 2016, 03:34:29 AM
Quote from: bbmike on December 26, 2016, 07:15:55 PM
Quote from: Hofstadter on December 25, 2016, 08:07:50 AM
Went to my partners for christmas, got drunk of....god awful paint thinner vodka (if it can be called that it tastes like sunscreen) and played the board game dead of winter with his housemate.

Nothing much to play, I really wanna make some videos but im kinda dead on ideas and am releasing a video of week. Touch depressing. All ive got is s SOW: ligny campaign and continuing the children of a death earth series.

Although now the sale is on at LnL i may get a command ops 2 module and do a series on that to promote it.

Hope it wasn't that Russian vodka bath lotion.  :P

Its something called Dovka, some weird vodka made from wine

Sounds appalling. 

Hopefully your game play rewarded you with a Crossroads card allowing the option to vote some starving useless children out of your wintry zombie-proof fortress.  To save food, of course.  :peace:  Usually makes me feel better.

Cyrano

Gus -- Which game/mod is that?

Lovely...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

undercovergeek

Endless space 2 - I've only had chance to read the lore on my race and it's awesome

Gusington

Cyrano that is Attila: Total War - Age of Charlemagne.

Mods enabled are:

--'Remove Negative Imperium Traits'

--'AoC Bodyguards Expansion'

--'AoC Units Roster Expansion'

--'Attila: Flags of Nations'

--'More Meaningful Seasons'

--'Realistic Archery Mod'

--'Sebidee's Charlemagne Expanded Unit Roster'

--'The Dark Age: Charlemagne Reskin'

--'Trade Routes x2.5'
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

#52
Quote from: Gusington on December 27, 2016, 06:53:54 PM
Cyrano that is Attila: Total War - Age of Charlemagne.

Mods enabled are:

--'Remove Negative Imperium Traits'




I think there is now a mod or two that will eliminate or alleviate the ridiculous Imperium penalty gain you get when doing research in TW Attila.

Although I've not tried the one I used through a long campaign yet to be sure it does so.   ???  Seemed like modders were having problems getting it to work after Attila first came out.  Breakthrough?


I don't mind getting the Imperium penalty for aggressively expanding into a huge blob.  That's what it was meant to counter in Rome 2, and was quite feasible that everyone else would start diplomatically hating you more & more.  But when they starting giving such penalties for research in Attila?!  Good God, and that dev post about it!  ::)  I'm still shaking my head over a year later. 

Gusington

This negative imperium trait mod works alright. Combined with the AI tweaks, you may find yourself getting smacked around a bit, like I am in my current game right now.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Well it's grown to become way worse than smacked around. My Lombard Empire in Italy is crumbling to the Byzantines and years of civil war have taken their toll. My military is a dried husk of its former glorious self. And to add insult to injury one of my cities just caught fire randomly. This campaign may be over soon :buck2:

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Damn. How'd that happen? Are there enemy agents that can do that? Or is it more like a spontaneous disaster, like the earthquakes and storms?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

The fire is a random event. The collapse of the empire is well...my own doing I guess :'(
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Byzantium continues to creep northward on the Italian peninsula picking off my cities one by one. Venice was the latest loss  :'( I knew I was well and truly ****ed when I saw this coming to support the land armies assaulting my ruins.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

And I didn't have much more than these guys to help defend the city.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

My one lone galley attempts to damage some of the enemy troop transports. Ruined Venice is already burning. Not good.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd