CMx2 -- Version 4 -- Bundle for $25

Started by Cyrano, December 26, 2016, 11:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: RyanE on December 28, 2016, 03:32:20 PM
The "soft launch" was 12/22.  I think that notice got replaced a couple days later.  At least it was buyable on the 22nd.

Gotcha, thanks....definetly strange way they went about that.

RyanE

In fact, I only posted after I had downloaded it and screwed around for a day trying to get it running.  The last few launches have been like this.  BFC updates the store and forum, yet 2-4 days go by before anyone here mentions it.  And it seems to be me a lot.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: RyanE on December 28, 2016, 03:35:22 PM
In fact, I only posted after I had downloaded it and screwed around for a day trying to get it running.  The last few launches have been like this.  BFC updates the store and forum, yet 2-4 days go by before anyone here mentions it.  And it seems to be me a lot.

Likely purposeful to test out the install process on a few before making global announcements:)

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: RyanE on December 28, 2016, 02:51:53 PM
One thing to consider is VERY limited umber of websites that even mention BFC/CM any more as far as news goes.  I mean, the update was out three days before my post here.  just a few years ago, any type of update from BFC was big news on all wargaming sites.

Again, the reasons are multiple and not necessarily tied to DRM.  But in the end, so few new people show up on BFC and so many seem to not post any more, that I have to conclude their audience has shrunk significantly.

They don't advertise to their paying customers! I was subscribed to their newsletter but I don't think half their announcements come out in that format. Usually hear about stuff after the fact by reading this forum.

jomni

#49
My IP was banned by BFC because it came up in a spammer list that they subscribe to.  I now can't access their website. Only through my mobile phone. I raised a ticket before. Then I was able to purchase CMBS. But now, after months of inactivity, I'm blocked again.  Quite draconian and it's not even DRM related. Makes it hard for me to support them even if I wanted to.