BC's Quantum Mechanics

Started by BanzaiCat, December 26, 2016, 10:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

I do have the Performance DLC, though, and it still did a hard left right into the wall when I hit the gas. Strange.

Millipede

That does seem a bit odd. A couple of things come to mind.

First, the steering is like the throttle... an on/off switch. You have 3 options, hard left, hard right or straight (more or less). The problem I had was when I tried to steer down the track, I consistently ending up over-controlling and, BOOM, into the wall. I eventually opted to not use steering at all and it worked out fine. The car would drift to the side but not enough to put you into the wall before you finished the run.

Second, there is no hot-key list (at least I can't find one) and figuring out how to accomplish some things is a matter of trial and error. Engine swap is F1 and tire swap is F2. The car might need to be on the lift for this to work.

Hope this helps.

BanzaiCat

Thanks...I probably tapped the A key accidentally and that's what put me into the wall with that monster. I'll try it differently next time I put one together in game.

JudgeDredd

I wish they would give more experience for more difficult jobs...100XP for every job seems a bit tight...I've had some right stinkers to locate and had to abandon 1 job.

I've got 800xp and $36k. I have all the tools except repairing - which I'm not too bothered about because whilst I might save money repairing items instead of buying new ones, money isn't my problem! I've also got all buildings except the parking lot which I need 9000XP for!  :knuppel2:

So another 10 jobs and I can get to the auction.

It's a slog and samey...but I'm still playing - 15 hours gone
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

mirth

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 12, 2017, 06:50:46 AM
It's a slog and samey...but I'm still playing - 15 hours gone

You're going to love Cubicle Simulator.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 12, 2017, 06:50:46 AM
I wish they would give more experience for more difficult jobs...100XP for every job seems a bit tight...I've had some right stinkers to locate and had to abandon 1 job.

I've got 800xp and $36k. I have all the tools except repairing - which I'm not too bothered about because whilst I might save money repairing items instead of buying new ones, money isn't my problem! I've also got all buildings except the parking lot which I need 9000XP for!  :knuppel2:

So another 10 jobs and I can get to the auction.

It's a slog and samey...but I'm still playing - 15 hours gone

If you watch your XP counter, it goes up by a point every time you do something. Take a wheel off of a car, for example, and woo, +1 XP!

Once you get to auction you'll have fun playing around with that, but it'll start to get old pretty quick. Still, it can be cathartic to play it once in a while. My budget is to the point where I have plenty of cash, so I can buy a total junk heap, strip it completely down, repair most of the parts (with a 90% chance of success on each one that it lets me fix; there's some it won't let you repair), buy the ones I need, and put it back together again, all in a relatively short time.

I want to try the Rex (don't know what it is in real life, it's been a bit since I played and changed the txt file to fix the weird in-game names), and maybe a few others, but I'm on the winding down path with that game. Still, I've put in 39 hours...a pretty solid amount of entertainment for such a low price.

I don't see a 2016 version in the works, but it would be awesome if they expanded it a little and made it more like American Truck Simulator, where you start as a lowly wrench monkey for low pay and work your way to owning perhaps several franchises of your totally honest mechanic shop. :)

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 12, 2017, 07:49:21 AM
to owning perhaps several franchises of your totally honest mechanic shop. :)

So a purely fictional game then
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on January 12, 2017, 08:02:02 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 12, 2017, 07:49:21 AM
to owning perhaps several franchises of your totally honest mechanic shop. :)

So a purely fictional game then

Pretty much. I'll charge Suburu owners double.

JudgeDredd

Well I worked through to get 9000XP for my parking so I could go to the auction and realised the financial hit for the garage was 50k - which wiped my bank account and so I'm back to square one - making money in order to get a car to fix up.

However - having got here, I'm pretty deflated. The Parking module never said in the popups it was 50k....it only ever said you need 9000XP. I suppose it's fair enough to assume it would cost - but considering each of the other modules (Test Path and Paint Shop) were very cheap, I had no idea it would empty my bank.  :'(
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Tpek


Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

SO glad I'm not the only one that happens to.

Tpek

They usually warn you when viewing the cart before checking out.
At least for me.

BanzaiCat

They just released the 2018 version of the game, at $19.99 US.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/645630/Car_Mechanic_Simulator_2018/

As always I will wait for a sale.