1st Game Played in 2017

Started by Bison, January 01, 2017, 09:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DennisS

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 01, 2017, 12:40:28 PM
I was watching Iron Eagle when midnight came. Then I started Deadpool hoping the machineguns would settle down so the dogs would relax a little. Finally started tapering off at around 12:30 and I was done for the day.

First GAME, though...I just did a little Knights of Pen and Paper 2 but I might try Ascendancy or Fortune and Glory here momentarily. Actually I'm more interested in putting a primer base on my plastic figures for Imperial Assault at the moment.

A couple of years ago, my friend was trying to get me interested in Warhammer miniatures. I went to a couple of gaming nights at a local game store, and got interested. Price to play is very high. But...one guy came in, and wanted to sell his ENTIRE army of Orcs. Probably 200+ pieces, a mix of plastic metal, in two large tubs. I made a phone call to the missus, got authorization to spend, and instant (very large) army.

So...over this last two years, I have base painted, matte black, the entire army. It's now ready for color. You don't have to tell me how much effort this took, to do it right. Color will be even more difficult. Hell..just the color concepts for the army will be difficult. Thank God my wife is an art teacher!

glen55

Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

MengJiao

Quote from: Bison on January 01, 2017, 09:38:51 AM
I rang in the New Year by blasting swarm with my lancer playing Gears of War 4.

CloD.  Just the warm-up missions I made years ago.

HoodedHorseJoe

We're three days into 2017 and I haven't played anything yet! What's wrong with me?

It will *probably* end up being either EUIV (Because I have a regular MP group who I play with), or Grim Dawn because my friend convinced me to get it and it was on sale.

Then again I might end up testing a super-secret project again today.

If I don't play anything today, I'll install Total War: Atilla at the office and give it a quick go tomorrow because I bought that at the start of the sale in December.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Shelldrake

World of Warships - mainly because I want the Graf Spee and Shinonome. I just bought XCOM2 so that will be my second game of 2017. :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Bison

I just started Dragon Age Inquistion this afternoon.  I hope to finish it before 2018.

JudgeDredd

Combat Mission:Shock Force - continuing my Highland Games Campaign

This is part of my "clear my back log of fantastic games by playing them" thang  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Sir Slash

My New Year's resolution is to finally finish Pillars of Eternity and fully update Combat Mission. I made the same resolution last year.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

agathosdaimon

Silent Depth the mobile game has bee what i have had the time to play so far - its a good game so far, and with some updates will be all the better.

Also i got an old copy of Gunship - the firs tin the series and it is pretty fun i admit and surprisingly smooth running in dosbox - i mean some of the old games just lacked the frames even when you up the cycles and settings in dosbox, but Gunship is smooth as - it is just weird though how those old MPS games all seemed to be so heavily focussed on using the function keys as main control keys

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: agathosdaimon on January 04, 2017, 10:46:43 AM
Silent Depth the mobile game has bee what i have had the time to play so far - its a good game so far, and with some updates will be all the better.

Also i got an old copy of Gunship - the firs tin the series and it is pretty fun i admit and surprisingly smooth running in dosbox - i mean some of the old games just lacked the frames even when you up the cycles and settings in dosbox, but Gunship is smooth as - it is just weird though how those old MPS games all seemed to be so heavily focussed on using the function keys as main control keys

Spooky - one of my guys just reviewed that over on Pocket Tactics. My first game turned out to be EUIV after-all - we spent three hours basically fighting a war with the Ottomans, Bohemia & France.

I was Muscovy, and my two friends were controlling Hungary and The Mamluks respectively. Mamluks basically spent the whole war slowly taking the Ottoman territories in Asia Minor, eventually taking Constantinople. My first priority was to take over the Crimea area (which the Ottomans had annexed), while the Hungarian player's only job was to not die.

Was a very tense affair, but we managed to knock Bohemia out of the war after they sent all their armies to Russia. The ottomans ignored the Mamluks for the most part, even after Constantinople fell, but we managed to keep on top of their armies. Unfortunately the French, who'd spent most of the war fighting the English, eventually turned up, but we'd managed to get enough Warscore to each get a province so at least that was something.

Next day I played some Grim Dawn with some other friends - it's not bad, very Diablo-esque but in a good way (at least, better than D3)
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Anguille

I barely could play anything since sunday but the first game i played this year as been:

Rise & Fall: Civilizations at war

Playing the Alexander campaign. Great game and innovative with the combination of rts and Hero-mode.