The Great, White Winter of 2017

Started by MetalDog, January 05, 2017, 11:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^His sources probably told him to go to the liquor store now while he still can.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

His sources are too busy staring at their giant watches.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Maybe one of the umpty-billion little mini-clocks scattered around the faces of those watches tells snowfall totals?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Or maybe it shows you how much your fresh catch weighs when you hang it from the watchstrap.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Gusington

Upgraded to 15+ inches here and it's going to snow a lot too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

No one seems to know what exactly is going to happen here. I wish I had a giant watch.

MikeGER

it even was in our morning TV news (its weather corner) that "NYC" (media speak for Eastcoast) will see a "tremendous" (journalist always have to exaggerate, i was expecting that even the weather-man tries to blame it on Trump in a want be funny side remark ...which seems to have become a must in German TV) temperature drop from +7 to -7 °C in less then 20 hours and about 20 to 30 cm of snow with gusts of 7Bfts, so snowdrifts possible

Groundhog was right, it will be a 'normal' winter. so i expect after a short warm period next week here there might be a short winter comeback in early March in Germany.
I got told there is family rule of thumb recorded from my late granddad: That about 4 weeks after snow catastrophe in the newspaper reporting from America (eastcoast, NYC, DC ) it will be snowing here   

Staggerwing

Updated forecast is now for 18" with 30mph winds all along the shoreline. And I just threw out my back again.  >:(

bayonetbrant

48° here right now, but the sun is just coming up. We might get into the low seventies today, and still have it feel like the fifties because of the wind blowing so hard
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 09, 2017, 08:21:19 AM
48° here right now, but the son is just coming up. We might get into the low seventies today, and still have it feel like the fifties because of the wind blowing so hard

What about your son?

OJsDad

Got about 5 inches and still snowing. With it being warm the early sniw melted and then froze over night. Schools are cancelling. Yeh. I have the wife and kids home all day.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.