The Great, White Winter of 2017

Started by MetalDog, January 05, 2017, 11:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2017, 08:24:55 AM
Did the snow stop up by you?

Started winding down around 9pm last night. Think it was over by midnight. I woke up around 3am and the sky was clear.

In my part of town, we got about 18 inches. Portland's spread out geographically so the amounts vary widely within the city limits. The official amount is measured at the Jetport and that's always lower than my part of town.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 15, 2017, 07:48:18 AM
Fucking hell - it was 24° out here at the bus stop today!

Bone dry, mind you, but 24° and windy still sucked.

It was 15 this morning, 0 with the wind chill. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Made it to work... idiot drivers were more of a danger than the drifting snow on the roads...  :pullhair:

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on March 15, 2017, 08:04:34 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 15, 2017, 07:48:18 AM
Fucking hell - it was 24° out here at the bus stop today!

Bone dry, mind you, but 24° and windy still sucked.

You poor thing.

I know, right?  I had to dig out a scarf and everything!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Windigo

Quote from: mirth on March 15, 2017, 09:36:57 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 15, 2017, 09:36:27 AM
where's the Rottweiler?

Shitting in the house.

Rotties are a working breed so the better spin would be..... House-shitting.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Sir Slash

The plus-side of a Rottie shitting in your house is you can also use it as furniture. Why do you think they call it a 'Foot-Stool'?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Windigo

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 15, 2017, 10:02:27 AM
The plus-side of a Rottie shitting in your house is you can also use it as furniture. Why do you think they call it a 'Foot-Stool'?

Ohhh, its the dog-house for you Sir.....
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

Deposited the Rottie back at the inlaws and then dug paths to their garage and mailbox. Now we just have our giant dog who thankfully is extremely well housebroken. Waiting at airport now for triumphant return of inlaws from Hawaii via Detroit. It's still snowing and 25 degrees here.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2017, 01:17:25 PM
Deposited the Rottie back at the inlaws and then dug paths to their garage and mailbox. Now we just have our giant dog who thankfully is extremely well housebroken. Waiting at airport now for triumphant return of inlaws from Hawaii via Detroit. It's still snowing and 25 degrees here.

Still snowing?!

Barthheart

Still snowing here too.... supposed to stop around midnight..... :P

mirth

This last storm put Portland at 30 inches above the average snowfall for a winter. And there's more snow coming this weekend.