The Great, White Winter of 2017

Started by MetalDog, January 05, 2017, 11:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Just think, if y'all scheduled Origins correctly, and in the right place, you could increase the odds of being snowed in for some extra days!

STRATEGY!  :bd:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bob48

...assuming you could actually get there through the snow to start with.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Toonces

Sweet baby peas but it was cold out there today.  25 wind chill with 30-40mph winds and pouring rain/ice pellets the whole time.  It was just rough all around, but damn the surf was firing.  I got a couple of nice ones just throwing along the reef. 

But I am so cold.  Just ate a hot bowl of soup, which actually helped, and now having a big mug of hot coffee.  I haven't been this chilled in a while.  I was pretty cold after an hour and a half, but it was so good that I just saying one more wave to myself for another hour and a half.  When I got to dry sand my legs and feet had a little trouble working there for a few seconds.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 54 and sunny.  If that forecast holds, it's going to feel like a little slice of heaven out there.   O:-)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bayonetbrant

77° here today.  Took Bayonette to the park
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Ubercat

Quote from: bayonetbrant
77° here today.  Took Bayonette to the park

Do you always refer to yourself in the 3rd person?

:P
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Toonces

Quote from: Toonces on April 01, 2017, 01:38:15 PM

Tomorrow is supposed to be 54 and sunny.  If that forecast holds, it's going to feel like a little slice of heaven out there.   O:-)

Well, it was pretty nice out, but damn that water is still freezing.  I'm guessing something like 38 or so, especially with the offshore winds pulling in some colder water.

But, waves were small, but fun.  Got a few fun ones.  Should be a run of swell all week, which will be a nice change.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

OJsDad

We're now supposed to get 1-3 inches Thursday night.  Dang groundhog.  Things should be shot on site. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Windigo

Quote from: OJsDad on April 05, 2017, 06:05:45 PM
We're now supposed to get 1-3 inches Thursday night.  Dang groundhog.  Things should be shot on site.

they are reported as good to eat
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

OJsDad

Quote from: Windigo on April 05, 2017, 06:06:27 PM

My dog was chewing on one today.  Still has part of it laying in the side yard. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Quote from: OJsDad on April 05, 2017, 06:10:15 PM
Quote from: Windigo on April 05, 2017, 06:06:27 PM

My dog was chewing on one today.  Still has part of it laying in the side yard.

Good way to get intestinal worms...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

She's an outside dog in the middle of a farm.  Not much to be done about it.  I'm guessing she found it this morning or over night, since she likes to show off her finds.  And yes, it was well past dead when she found it. 

Toonces

^ Sounds tasty!

Gonna be a bummer here today.  38 and it's going to rain cats and dogs all day long with 40mph winds again. 

However, next week is supposed to get into the 60's and sunny.  That's going to feel awfully nice...   :dreamer: