Dead Island: Zombie RPG fun

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, June 15, 2012, 03:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

I very briefly messed around with it before setting it aside, but now I kind of want to try it again. Perhaps this will be played once one of my current games is finished.

tgb

I reinstalled and started a new game today out of boredom.  I have to admit that I am enjoying it a bit more, now that I've found some new weapons and made it to Level 4.  Speaking of which, even though I set the game to NOT level Zeds along with me, it seems to be doing it anyway. On the other hand, I haven't run into the respawning issue.  Quest tracking it hit-and-miss, and NPC's are dumber than the cast of The Walking Dead.

Case in point - Once the tutorial is over you find yourself in a shack (same old way as it ever was) with a bunch of survivors (most of whom you can't interact with and are basically wallpaper), and a lifeguard with a Mori tattoo on his face.  There's a lot of talk about how the shack will never survive another attack and how they've got to get everyone out of there, yada yada.  The quest is to make it to the lifeguards quarters and retrieve some sort of pass card that will get everyone into a more secure area.

I nearly crapped my pants when I returned after getting the card to see the other survivors NEVER SHUT THE FUCKING DOOR BEHIND ME!  They're standing there with the door wide open talking about how vulnerable the shack is if another attack comes.

Sheesh.