Main Menu

Too Much FRIDAY

Started by Hofstadter, January 12, 2017, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

I didn't really get on with it.

Trying to escape those "things" didn't help and I thought I read somewhere that your "shit" wasn't safe. Was that a thing? Getting your rig raided or something?

It wasn't a bad game - just other things and, imo, better games to move onto.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

I think base raids were/are a thing where other folks could come and steal your stuff and blow crap up - I think!

JudgeDredd

^ that's what I thought.

A quick look brought this back

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718564-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/72468116

Having said that - nothing like that ever happened to me (that I was aware of) but my base wasn't that big...I *think* 1 possibly two FOBs.

There was plenty to like in the game.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on January 20, 2017, 10:26:16 AM
Beware - it clearly devours time and souls.

I put in 32 hours and I'm about the start over. I know what I'm in for.  ;D

Gusington

For the record MGSV is a great game but I am much more into games of any type that are more historical. I find myself pining for Witcher 3 and Medieval 2.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Witcher 3 historical?   ???

I tried playing some Scourge of War: Gettysburg sandbox on the Antietam map with the historical OOB, Army vs. Army.  I'm giving order after order, taking forever, and then I realize I'm commanding 80,000 troops by courier.  Yeah....So, there is no way I can wrap my brain around something like that by 9pm Saturday night.

I'm not sure what I'm going to move on to, but it has to be far simpler than that! 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^Or fantasy, Commander Literal.

That said there is a huge eastern European influence (Polish) in The Witcher.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 21, 2017, 10:57:18 PM
I, for one, will be plotting the Ho'pocalypse tomorrow. (And maybe some tonight while going to sleep.)

Clicked on link - disappointed

Could of sworn hopocolypse would have been a night club run by mirth and star

Staggerwing

Or an epic bender crawl in the Red Light District.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Wasn't someone supposed to be researching escort service management to go into business with a friend?  ^-^
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 22, 2017, 10:13:18 AM
Wasn't someone supposed to be researching escort service management to go into business with a friend?  ^-^

Dunno, but that sounds like the basics of the next great simulator game.

Pimp Simulator 2017 - keep yer women in line, the John's paying and your competitors down.


Note: users views are not that of Grogheads and he has already procured first class ticket riding shotgun on the bus to hell.
Insert witty comment here.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on January 21, 2017, 08:53:05 PM
For the record MGSV is a great game but I am much more into games of any type that are more historical. I find myself pining for Witcher 3 and Medieval 2.

I just didn't enjoy it as much when it strayed from reality, especially the introduction chapter.....main reason I don't want to try again is because I don't want to go through that chapter again....the game mechanics itself were great, loved the sneaking around and multiple approaches.

Gusington

I'm going to play again in a moment. Haven't had it stray from reality since the prologue. I have never played a Metal Gear game before, that may be part of my befuddlement.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd