FRIDAY, Rise!

Started by BanzaiCat, January 27, 2017, 06:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on January 27, 2017, 10:23:26 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 27, 2017, 08:36:23 AM
:bd:y
Quote from: Gusington on January 27, 2017, 08:19:24 AM
Getting my arse kicked by a prison break misssion in Metal Gear Solid V. The game is a triumph but the Afghan setting is pretty depressing...something about it gets me down. Also have Door Kickers and SWAT 4 teed up.

Wait until you get to Africa...you'll be crying yourself to sleep.

DCS with the new Viggen module, Endless Space 2, Swat 4, Empyrean: Galactic Survival, and Vector 36 in VR, if I can keep from throwing up.

DCS sounds possible.  Probably some Heroes and Generals and maybe some Stellaris and/or CMANO.

Instead, for some reason I'm playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown.  In Heroes and Generals, I did rig up my SVT with a scope -- it lets you see things like enemy soldiers strolling down the road at a few hundred yards.  The real advantage is that it works like binoculars or ordinary eye-sight (its hard to tell in games like this) AND even with lots of ammo its not as ubulky as a light machine gun so I can carry some antipersonnel grenades as well as AT grenades.

MetalDog

The bi-monthly D&D game just wrapped.  I introduced the bad guys to our heroes at the inn.  They asked the bad guys to accompany them to try and find Wave Echo Cave.  On the way there, they stumbled on an ogre and his goblin minions torturing a poor gnome before eating him.  The heroes surprised the monsters and, in the melee, our tank slew the gnome by accident.  Unfortunately, the gnome was the guy that knew the entrance to the trail leading to Wave Echo Cave.  Now I have to figure another way to get them there.  I think I'll let them fall into the clutches of an old enemy who will bring them to the Spider.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Kushan

Lots of CMANO stuff. Streamed yesterday morning, working on orders of battle for 3 scenarios, and been doing some beta testing.

I'm done scanning all of the current ancient ruin site in Elite, just waiting on the community to find the next sites. Have a little over two weeks left to complete the 200 million credit mission. Hoping Frontier will extend the time limit out if the next alien sites are not found soon.

EU4, Cities Skylines, and Planet Coaster are all possibilities to close out the weekend, just going to depend on how I'm feeling later in the day.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

aah, it appears a major Endless Space 2 update wipes previous, incompatible saves - a new game comenceth as the Horatio

Then some Long War 2

airboy

I've been playing Curse of the Azure Bonds.  You have to keep saving because if you miss a couple of saving throws against a high level mage or dragon your character is toast even if they have 97 hit points.

I need to sit down and write a couple of reviews.

FarAway Sooner

Continuing my efforts with Thea: The Awakening!  I think I've almost won my first game there, but I'm not there yet and playing in Iron Man mode, so I must needs proceed carefully.  More Mithril Armor and whiskey for my men, sir!!

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: airboy on January 29, 2017, 11:19:55 AM
I've been playing Curse of the Azure Bonds.  You have to keep saving because if you miss a couple of saving throws against a high level mage or dragon your character is toast even if they have 97 hit points.

I need to sit down and write a couple of reviews.

I finished that game, but it was ridiculously hard, as you suggest.  I found that was the only gold-/silver-box game where I ever needed a Cleric with 17 or 18 Dexterity just to get the "Silence 15' Radius" spell off first!

JasonPratt

Quote from: MetalDog on January 29, 2017, 02:07:00 AM
The bi-monthly D&D game just wrapped.  I introduced the bad guys to our heroes at the inn.  They asked the bad guys to accompany them to try and find Wave Echo Cave.  On the way there, they stumbled on an ogre and his goblin minions torturing a poor gnome before eating him.  The heroes surprised the monsters and, in the melee, our tank slew the gnome by accident.  Unfortunately, the gnome was the guy that knew the entrance to the trail leading to Wave Echo Cave.  Now I have to figure another way to get them there.  I think I'll let them fall into the clutches of an old enemy who will bring them to the Spider.

Gives you an appreciation for God trying to herd multiple packs of cats in the OT, doesn't it?  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

jamus34

Time for some Deux Ex Machina
Insert witty comment here.

Cyrano

Or a party wipe.

Both are options in this situation.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

MetalDog

They have been clamoring to play different characters.....

Gusington

Deeper into Metal Gear Solid V...this guy has appeared again. And it looks like sh*t is getting real now. Yo.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Vader without his helmet?  ???
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ubercat

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 29, 2017, 12:58:59 PM

Gives you an appreciation for God trying to herd multiple packs of cats in the OT, doesn't it?  O0

Not me. God could have made cats more pliable if he wanted. Hell, they only do exactly what he already wants them to do, anyway. Omniscience and Omnipotence and all that.   ;)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell