Main Menu

FRIDAYaway

Started by Jarhead0331, February 10, 2017, 03:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331



I'm going through a Star Wars phase. Maybe empire at war with thrawns revenge mod and galaxy at war mod for men of war assault squad 2?   Maybe some VR stuff too...going to play it by ear I guess.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


MikeGER

JH, Stellaris seems to have a real good Star Wars mod 
... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=775944333
(I had stumbled upon it by a Let's play by Dastactic: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGB6RkFB7ZmNK9XcvlabaL-UkSJnx3pfH )

am about to install it on the weekend, well when i have blasted enuf Orcs in my ongoing Sanctus Reach campaign O0     

Dammit Carl!

Weekend out of town, so no-go on gaming.  :-\

Rekim

This morning I'm planning my setup for a FtF ASL game tomorrow. I also need to digest some rules and prep my setup for an ASL match scheduled for Wednesday with VASSAL.

Not sure what I'll fire up on the PC this weekend. Some Overwatch is pretty much a given. I noticed that Fallout 4 has received some love from the developers recently. I bought it to try with my Steam controller last spring but didn't take to the feel of playing FPS with the controller (low intensity games like No Man's Sky were okay). Think it may be time to admit defeat and get playing it on the PC.

bbmike

Probably Stellaris and/or GalCiv3. I was playing the Star Trek mod New Horizons on Stellaris but it keeps dumping me back to the desktop. It is a really impressive mod and I want to play it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

#5
Another board game weekend for me. I'm going to Game On! in Issaquah, WA this weekend. Should be fun. I'll post some pics in the board game section.

Great tune JH. Dire Starits is one of my favourite bands.

mikeck

Mike,   Concerning the Star Wars mod for stellaris, do you use all of those sub mods it recommends? There's like 30 of them are they all compatible with each other?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

CJReich46

Well opening 8am-12-ish this weekend no worries.

I've been in a gaming funk. I don't know why though. But I saw GOG.com finally has Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.  :) Not to mention Caesar I and II !

Still finding my way in Distant Worlds.

Maybe Stellaris?

But since I got the news that Samurai Jack is returning for a 5th season, they have been streaming the entire 4 seasons on adult swim. So I have been watching a few of the episodes I missed. Plus they will continue to run the marathon until March 11th when the new season begins.


" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler are both awesome.

Will be playing Plague Inc. and Mad Max this weekend, and probably buy Darkest Dungeon for 50% off at Steam.

And mentally preparing myself to begin Alien: Isolation.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MikeGER

#9
Quote from: mikeck on February 10, 2017, 08:44:48 AM
Mike,   Concerning the Star Wars mod for Stellaris, do you use all of those sub mods it recommends? There's like 30 of them are they all compatible with each other?

i plan to  ( so it will be the same mods like in that let's play)
From reading through the comments there is only one thing to keep in mind for compatibility with the long list:
That Alpha mod in the list is already in Ethics & Government + Alphamod  and a 'double install' had -of course- let to problems by some player

so it will probably be

QuoteMod list:
Star Wars: A Galaxy Divided
and
ISB - ASBM compatability patch
A Fine Selection of Quality Mapmodes, Probably
Advanced Ship Behaviour Modules
AlphaMod: Divided Loyalties
AlphaModPlus
Ethics & Government + Alphamod
Automated Behavior Ajdustment
Better Star Wars Music
Color coded pop status icons
Epic Explosions
Federation Leader Notification Mod
Food Imports/Exports
Fox Leader Mod
Gods and Guardians
IIC - Mandalorian Ships
IIC - Old Republic Ships
IIC - Sith Empire Ships
ISBS - Living Systems
ISBS: Doomsday Weapons & Ships
Imperial Routine
Improved Space Battles [Graphics]
More Events Mod
More Tilesets
Multiple Crisis
Nights on Planets
Pirate Ship Types
Star Wars Empire Ships
Star Wars Music
Star Wars Pirate Addon
Star Wars Rebel Ships
Star Wars Sound Effects
Star Wars Weapons
Stellaris: AlphaMod
Tiny Outliner
UI Overhaul 1080p
New Ship Classes & More
Star Wars: Galactic Civil War - Models and more

that's the list from DasTactic video #1, i will check this against the suggested mod list from the developer of SW-mod on Steam

so following that Let's Play will work as a kind of 1:1 instructional video for me
If there is a mod that makes text/icons to small so i cant read it with my bad eyesight, i will kick that out.
(i duno what effect "Tiny Outliner" will actually have, for example)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Barthheart on February 10, 2017, 08:15:28 AM

Great tune JH. Dire Starits is one of my favourite bands.

Me too. It kills me that those guys aren't in the Hall of Fame yet. I can listen to Skateaway over and over again. I heard the skater girl died a few years back from cancer. Very sad. She is such an 80s rock icon...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

My gaming funk has reached about 2 weeks now.  Haven't even started a PC game in that time. 

If I do anything, it will be DCS multi-player. 

Been yapping about learning the MiG-21 for a month now, with little progress.  Probably due to the need for setting up all the keybinds & testing them out.

Then again, there is a large stack of un-played tabletop games glaring at me.  Got them for my regular PC gaming funks, and they work great for that.  So why not? 

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 10, 2017, 09:57:57 AM
It kills me that those guys aren't in the Hall of Fame yet.

+1  Ridonkulous
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jamus34

Because the R&RHOF is a pile of political BS?

Plan for me this weekend is to drown the pain of a double whammy of fixing my fridge and replacing my boiler mate with a lot of 12 yr scotch, Mad Max and football manager.

Maybe some TW Attila or Shogun 2
Insert witty comment here.

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on February 10, 2017, 10:03:46 AM
My gaming funk has reached about 2 weeks now.  Haven't even started a PC game in that time. 

If I do anything, it will be DCS multi-player. 

Been yapping about learning the MiG-21 for a month now, with little progress.  Probably due to the need for setting up all the keybinds & testing them out.

Then again, there is a large stack of un-played tabletop games glaring at me.  Got them for my regular PC gaming funks, and they work great for that.  So why not?

  Probably some DCS solo

  Definitely some ARMAIII (time to look at all the new mods).