Main Menu

Rodney King Dead

Started by junk2drive, June 17, 2012, 10:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

junk2drive

Not a surprise. The surprise is that he lasted this long.

Martok

Apparently his body was found at the bottom of his pool.  I wonder what happened.  Heart attack while swimming, maybe? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Steelgrave

#2
I have to give him credit in that he seemed to be getting his life together after a long stretch of alcohol addiction, and for his statement during the L.A. riots which caused many in his community to label him an "Uncle Tom" at the time. "Can we all just get along" has entered our language as a pop/cultural statement, but when he said it, it was clear that the violence following the acquittal of the police officers who beat him was anguishing to Rodney King. I wish him the peace in the next life that he didn't seem to find in this one.

LongBlade

A life with a long trail of sorrow. I hope he finds peace in the next life.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.