FRIDAYS on flame now...with Rock n Roll

Started by MetalDog, April 07, 2017, 05:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

I have to roll my eyes at myself, as I ended up playing (what else?) Birth of the Federation before I went to bed this afternoon.  ::)  I fired up a new Federation campaign, using the Ultimate Mod 5 as usual.  Really wish I'd been taking notes on this one, as it would made for a decent AAR thus far -- early first-contacts with several minor races, a couple *very* nice star systems that I colonized...and rising friction with the Dominion, who are situated to my galactic west (our entire shared border zone is disputed territory -- fun!). 

As for Fallen Enchantress:  Legendary Heroes, I have only this to say:  Spiders.  Why did it have to spiders??  :buck2: 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Hofstadter

#31
Trying to get out if my YouTube slump. Posted a video asking for advice, didn't get a lot.onlyl ideas I got are the shilovo campaign for graviteam and witw.

Tried to have a go at decisive campaigns Barbarossa, but that game is just WAY too difficult for me. Also debating pulling the trigger on player unknown battlegrounds

Overwatch I'm taking a break from, gotten too cancerous. Also Got my five year anniversary with my partner tomorrow, going to lunch in the CBD
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Bison

Happy Anniversary! 

Decisive Campaigns can be intimidating, but if you just play and can accept that you'll be playing "suboptimal" as you learn the game everything does start to click.  I always found that if I split the overall campaign map into three sections, it helps in the planning.  Anyway good luck.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I have now posted the first entry on my side of the AAR vs Barth. MY WEEKEND WOULD BE MORE COMPLETE IF I COULD POST ALL THREE SO FAR! :D -- but I'll probably post them one a day for a while.

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19129.msg513867#msg513867
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Tuna

Binge watched season 3 of Homeland (since Showtime was free this weekend - wish I had known it was free all week!). Played a lil Panzer Battles demo, really liking this scale, that Demo is making me want to make a PB purchase. Played a lil World of Warships Friday and Saturday night. Bought Battle of Moscow on sale today. Flew a couple sorties in the ME 110, but reverted back to my PE2, because the sides were lopsided. All and all a good weekend!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tuna on April 09, 2017, 08:08:12 PM
Binge watched season 3 of Homeland (since Showtime was free this weekend - wish I had known it was free all week!).

Talk about a show that took a major nose dive into the $hitter.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18



Hofstadter

#39
Quote from: Gusington on April 09, 2017, 12:08:45 PM
Happy Anniversary Hof. What is CBD?

Central Business District, the main part of melbourne

F*#^ love it there. The structure is an autistic dream.



EDIT: welp, DCB irritated me. The german objective was independance, yet I held onto each major thing quite well. with 23 BLOODY TURNS LEFT IT TOLD ME I LOST

*flips off the game* Screw you, I held moscow, i held the lines historically (except the south, they got a bit further but didnt take Stalingrad) I win.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

JasonPratt

Weird. I can't think of a Soviet loss-trigger that makes sense in that situation.

Here's Hof's post-mortem; I haven't watched it all yet, maybe at the end I'll see something that makes sense.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

OH I FIGURED IT OUT

I went into the german campaign, selected independence

ROSTOV IS AN OBJECTIVE. I LOST IT THEN AND THE GAME ENDED.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

JasonPratt

I'll need to double-check the rules, but I seem to recall that if the Germans choose military independence then in the south they have to take Stalingrad as well as Rostov. So I don't understand the loss there.

...oh, okay, checked the rules, it's Rostov + Kharkov OR + Sevastopol, both held for one month. So it did trigger a sudden death. Stalingrad has nothing to do with anything (except being an orange point city).

The loss doesn't mean Russia gives up. It only means the Germans have done that much better historically in one theater. I can see why this win condition would be screwy, though -- it would give the win to the Germans EVEN IF THE RUSSIANS HAD PUSHED BACK TO BERLIN ON THE NORTH AND CENTRAL FRONTS! Not that that's really possible, I suppose, but in theory.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Hofstadter on April 10, 2017, 08:00:16 AM
OH I FIGURED IT OUT

I went into the german campaign, selected independence

ROSTOV IS AN OBJECTIVE. I LOST IT THEN AND THE GAME ENDED.

Well, you lost it, plus one or both of the other two cities necessary for a GermIndi win -- and you had lost both for a month concurrently without retaking either of them.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!