Decades Feeder Bracket - 1990 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, April 30, 2017, 03:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

And if either of them had songs out in my time frame, I'd probably include them.  Putting this together is an exercise in what I like, what I heard or read was supposed to be good, what I think a songs historical impact might be and any other stupid rationalization I can come up with including, "It's got a good beat and you can dance to it."  Another thing while I am giving insight, the year end Billboard Hot 100 has songs that were released in the prior year.  In some cases I have included them in the year they were popular rather than the year it was released.  Why?  Didn't know, didn't care.  But, if I found out some other way when it was released and it did not meet my year, then I left it out.  See?  Unscientific as hell.  But I'm digging it and I hope you guys are, too :)

Edited to add:  I saw that some of you didn't know the songs.  It's the real reason I include videos for them.  Maybe you don't know the song, you play the video, you discover something new that you like.  THAT is my ultimate goal.  The hunt for one song is just the exercise.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

bayonetbrant

this one's shaping up as almost straight chalk, except for Hammer...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

^ You were correct, sir!

Quote from: Tuna on May 02, 2017, 06:33:49 AM
The 90's = Ugh

Shoulda got here sooner.  You missed 1960, '70 and '80.  Stick with it though.  The 1's are next, starting with 1961 ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob