Battlestar Galactica Deadlock coming this summer!

Started by Anguille, May 16, 2017, 07:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Barthheart

Quote from: W8taminute on September 01, 2017, 10:46:16 AM
I'm 8 hours of gameplay in after having completed the first 4 story line missions of the campaign.  While I'm not ready to give my ultimate opinion on this game I am as of now quite fond of this title.  There seems to be enough command decisions to make at the strategic layer to keep interest.  The tactical layer is also entertaining even with it's minor camera flaws. 

Here is a short video of a beloved ship of mine that met an inglorious end.  She was serving so well in many battles only to have this happen...


How do you focus on one ship during the replay? I found my replays bounding all over like the TV show...  :P

HoodedHorseJoe

So it's easy to get confused on this, regarding the setting:

Deadlock is set during the 2004 Re-Imagined Series version of the First Cylon War, with some creative licensing in terms of how some of the ships look (which are mean't, I believe, to pay homage to the 70's show as well, which is why the Jupiter-class is missing a couple of engines?).

It's a canon story, but it's set before any previously established material i.e., Blood & Chrome. I'm not actually sure how long the FCW was mean't to last in the 2004 show (certainly not the 1000 years of the 1970's show), but I don't think, for example, Commander Adama has enlisted in the military yet during the time of the game, but you do see some iconic family names pop up.

It's mean't to focus on the Articles of Colonisation, when the 12 Colonies actually game together in a federal government for the first time.

@Zulu I'm not sure where you picked up that idea as to what the plot would be about. The devs & Slitherine were very upfront as to the setting of the game.

@Slash - yeah, I think the collision mechanics are a bit of a let down at the moment. It seems regardless of the ship-class or size, if two ships smack into each other they both blow up. I think I might have seen one instance where that wasn't the case, but I'm not 100% sure. So far I haven't had much problem with ramming though so it hasn't really been an issue. Just watch what you're doing  :2funny:

Hope that helps!
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

W8taminute

Quote from: Barthheart on September 01, 2017, 11:04:09 AM

How do you focus on one ship during the replay? I found my replays bounding all over like the TV show...  :P


Press ESC key during the auto playback.  Then double click on the ship of interest and use the right mouse click to pan the camera.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Barthheart

Quote from: W8taminute on September 01, 2017, 11:14:41 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 01, 2017, 11:04:09 AM

How do you focus on one ship during the replay? I found my replays bounding all over like the TV show...  :P


Press ESC key during the auto playback.  Then double click on the ship of interest and use the right mouse click to pan the camera.

Thanks!  O0

mikeck

This seems like a game where modders could go nuts. Anyone know if it supports modding?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Zulu1966

Quote from: WargamerJoe on September 01, 2017, 11:07:42 AM
So it's easy to get confused on this, regarding the setting:

Deadlock is set during the 2004 Re-Imagined Series version of the First Cylon War, with some creative licensing in terms of how some of the ships look (which are mean't, I believe, to pay homage to the 70's show as well, which is why the Jupiter-class is missing a couple of engines?).

It's a canon story, but it's set before any previously established material i.e., Blood & Chrome. I'm not actually sure how long the FCW was mean't to last in the 2004 show (certainly not the 1000 years of the 1970's show), but I don't think, for example, Commander Adama has enlisted in the military yet during the time of the game, but you do see some iconic family names pop up.

It's mean't to focus on the Articles of Colonisation, when the 12 Colonies actually game together in a federal government for the first time.

@Zulu I'm not sure where you picked up that idea as to what the plot would be about. The devs & Slitherine were very upfront as to the setting of the game.

@Slash - yeah, I think the collision mechanics are a bit of a let down at the moment. It seems regardless of the ship-class or size, if two ships smack into each other they both blow up. I think I might have seen one instance where that wasn't the case, but I'm not 100% sure. So far I haven't had much problem with ramming though so it hasn't really been an issue. Just watch what you're doing  :2funny:

Hope that helps!

I havent read anything much about it. Just knew it was battlestar galactica. Then bought it. Call me crazy .... not a dig at the developers. Was more making the point it seemed a more compelling situation - the current map and mechanics are pretty bland IMHO.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Zulu1966 on September 01, 2017, 11:45:22 AM

I havent read anything much about it. Just knew it was battlestar galactica. Then bought it. Call me crazy .... not a dig at the developers. Was more making the point it seemed a more compelling situation - the current map and mechanics are pretty bland IMHO.

No worries - they've poured all their money into the tactical battle engine, and it does show in things like the campaign.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

I seem to be stuck on the 3rd mission. I lose every time.  :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on September 01, 2017, 05:33:55 PM
Quote from: bbmike on September 01, 2017, 05:31:37 PM
I seem to be stuck on the 3rd mission. I lose every time.  :(

Must be bad intel

You'd think that but I know what's going to happen every time. And still lose.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on September 01, 2017, 05:51:03 PM
Quote from: mirth on September 01, 2017, 05:33:55 PM
Quote from: bbmike on September 01, 2017, 05:31:37 PM
I seem to be stuck on the 3rd mission. I lose every time.  :(

Must be bad intel

You'd think that but I know what's going to happen every time. And still lose.

Yeah, that might be on you ;)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

#193
Blame it on the intel weenies anyway. You can't go wrong with that approach  :bd:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

The worst part is I'm drinking more scotch but it's doesn't not seeeem to be helllping.  :))
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak