Main Menu

Far Cry 5

Started by Tpek, May 27, 2017, 03:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 03, 2018, 03:59:03 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 03, 2018, 05:03:51 AM


I know...all that vacation and time off really wears on a man. I can't imagine how hard it must be.

And those work days ending at 2:45.   :))

That's right! The struggle is real.

:2funny:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 03, 2018, 04:25:13 PM

That's right! The struggle is real.

:2funny:

I'll tell you though.  I'd probably be a lot happier and drink a lot less if I didn't actually care about educating and imparting knowledge.  My students certainly don't want to be burdened with learning.  I really just need to relax and follow the example of my colleagues and consider myself a afternoon babysitter.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 03, 2018, 04:29:07 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 03, 2018, 04:25:13 PM

That's right! The struggle is real.

:2funny:

I'll tell you though.  I'd probably be a lot happier and drink a lot less if I didn't actually care about educating and imparting knowledge.  My students certainly don't want to be burdened with learning.  I really just need to relax and follow the example of my colleagues and consider myself a afternoon babysitter.

Please don't do that...its a noble and important profession. We are all counting on you for our future.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 03, 2018, 06:55:44 PM

Please don't do that...its a noble and important profession. We are all counting on you for our future.

Oh I don't have it in me to do that.  I care too much about the cause of history and education.

So I'll fill up with more cheap whiskey, not cheap video games, TV shows with the missus and having by balls busted on here.

Anyway, back to killing cultists with weaponized bears.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Well...shit.

So, I get to the final story mission of Act 1. I`m supposed to take off in a plane and dogfight one of the Seed clan. So I do, don`t fare well, and die. Okay, next attempt.

I inexplicably respawn a few miles away from the airfield. Weird. Drive over there. Hop in a different plane. This time we`ll use a controller, since mouse and keyboard with a plane is just a janky mess. And he`s in my sights, he`s calling for support...and I explode and die. I have no idea what in the Hell happened. I was on his tail, and I blew up. Huh.

Back to the airfield, which I respawned just a few hundred feet away from this time. And THERE ARE NO PLANES. None. Zero. Anywhere. I drove to other airfields. I looked for an armed helicopter. There is NOTHING. He`s just flying around waiting for me and occasionally firing insults. Reload, same deal. Shut it down, load it up, same broken deal. There is no way to restart the mission from the start. I`m just completely boned, stuck in a perpetual loop of whatever purgatory this has become.

So yeah. Uninstall. F*ck Ubisoft.

SirAndrewD

I know you've uninstalled, but if you ever do want to try again, you can spawn planes at the airfield from the yellow boxes you find in the hangars, same as spawning owned helicopters, boats and cars.

Also, on that mission I just took Nick as my companion and let him slice Seed out of the sky.   The Vulcan in his seaplane is murder on NPC's.

I did dislike a dogfighting mission though.  The keyboard controls are rough.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JudgeDredd

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 08, 2018, 12:04:22 AM
...
I did dislike a dogfighting mission though.  The keyboard controls are rough.
So did I and yes they most certainly do. I changed the pitch up and down which helped greatly though. I think Pitch Up was assigned to W which never EVER goes well in my head...W is pitch down in my head.

Also, another tip is if it's going rough, drop the difficulty. You can change the difficulty on the hop (I can't recall exactly when, when loading a game I think) and I find the game too easy, but occasionally I found it extremely difficult and dropped the difficulty to get through, then upped it next time. I'm not sure what dropping or increasing difficulty done...made me less of a bullet magnet I think - but there are parts in the game where this helped me not rage quit.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Father Ted

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 08, 2018, 01:01:36 AM


I think Pitch Up was assigned to W which never EVER goes well in my head...W is pitch down in my head.


It's because you flightsim : pushing the W is pushing away = stick forward = pitch down.  To someone hasn't "flown", W is higher on the keyboard, so pushing it means "go up".

airboy

I think I get a free copy with my new computer.  I don't play shooters.  If I get a free copy, I'll be looking to trade FC5 for something.

Arctic Blast

So, I didn't end up uninstalling. Instead, I started over again. Realized that I had really done a piss poor job of focusing my Perks and stuff like that. This time, I'm off to a much better start. Already unlocked a third weapons slot, more ammo for rifles (my weapon class of choice), more health, better takedowns, and all sorts of other fun things. I hadn't even realized that those Prepper stashes each contain 2-3 magazines that are each a perk point...those things are a gold mine! I also took on whatever that side mission is where you collect the unit lighters. The reward sucks, BUT you uncover a lot of the fog from the map in all three zones, you triple your money over the cost of the map that shows where they all are (you can buy it at the gun merchant in Fall's End), and you can reach your first level of resistance in at least one of the other two zones. Now you get access to better weapons without jumping your alert status through the roof in one area.

Also, one of my possible mission sidekicks IS A GODDAMN BEAR.  O0

SirAndrewD

Cheeseburger is amazing.  Watching him rip your opponents apart is great. 

Key to the game is taking your time, doing the stashes, not hitting all the Resistance Points so fast that you trigger stuff before you're stocked up.  Honestly, a strong knock against the game is the weapons lineup.  Some of the very first weapons you get will hold you through the entire game.  I tend to use the M-14 Socom, M-249 and SA-50 without fail, but honestly, the starter AR is absolutely viable in its sniper configuration to carry you through the game. 

It's frustrating at times, but man it can be fun too.  Just learn and use your companions.  They can get you over a lot of the humps.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

ArizonaTank

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 14, 2018, 01:34:56 AM
Just learn and use your companions.  They can get you over a lot of the humps.

I find the companion functions work really well...and are pretty simple to use...  Good on them for getting this part right...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

I am about 2/3 through the game...and overall, while I like it...some fatigue is setting in...

Cultist and animal attacks have gone OTT...

I need constant air cover because I get spotted and attacked by aircraft every 5 min...  When I am on the road, I quickly creat a "chain wreck" as cultist vehicles start messing with me..and as I finish off one, another one appears...before long, there are 10 buring vehicles in the road..

Then there are the stupid "boss" missions.  Faith's are just insane...not in a good way...

I like the game...and frankly have gotten a ton of gameplay out of it...so I think it was a good purchase...but I doubt I will finish it..
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JudgeDredd

^Ghost Recon Wildlands. Had the same issue.

I've already noticed the number of nutters running around to spoil my day - and I've only cleared Joseph? John? Bottom left of the map.

Still enjoying it currently, but like GR:W and The Division before it, Ubisofts games, whilst addictive for a time, get very samey. I think someone else mentioned it on this thread - their "open world" whilst open and huge can become very bland and boring.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people